PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nathaniel

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 4, 2011
So I'm about to indulge some more, and was thinking about the Frog Morton Series. I understand they're English blends mainly, and I've never really had any good English blends yet. It's a toss up between English or Oriental... And if I go for the Frog, which blend would you folks suggest?
My favorites right now (to give an idea) are Balkan Sasieni, and Just For Him's Ruins of Isenguard. So any feedback from the brethren courts?

nathaniel

Jan 4, 2011
Never mind... apparently I missed the thread that was already started on this stuff just a while ago. :) At least now I don't have to wait for responses! And I think I'm just going to go with the Frog Morton sampler... get 'em all!!! :)

jaxz

Lurker
Apr 23, 2009
IMO, you can't go wrong with any of the Frog blends. Different folks will have personal preferences though.
I've tried Frog Morton, Night on the Town, and Across the Pond. Based on that, I'd recommend reaching for Frog Morton. If you want a good intro blend into the series, go for Night on the Town.
I haven't had Bayou so I can't speak to that.

oldjazzlover

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 4, 2011
You can settle your toss up with some FM across the pond. It's got some orientals mixed in, that's why they say "The trip across the pond was worth it!" But I don't think you could go wrong with the sampler. Have fun and enjoy the frog! :)

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
I just spent about 2 hours smoking Frog Morton on the Bayou in my Meer. I was outside in my hat and pea coat with an ambient temperature of about 32 degrees. It's a great smoke with lots of character. It will definitely be on my future purchase list. Smoked a full bowl in the Meer, which is a pretty big bowl right down to nothing, with just a tamp here and there. Glad I tried the Frog!

Jul 15, 2011
Yea, I'm the guilty party that already did this thread. Sorry! :mrgreen: These guys steered me towards the Original Frog Morton, and I have been smoking the unholy hell out of it lately. It is a great mild blend that has a nice flavor, but it is not so strong as to put off an English newbie. Great smoke, highly recommended.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
True that, about the mildness. Even with Perique lurking about FMOTB was pretty mild, even down toward the bottom of the bowl.

deleon

Nov 7, 2011
Texas
Does anyone know where I can find "Frog Morton On the Bayou" for a good price online? I've checked on the sites that appear on google but I was wondering if anyone knows a website that doesn't appear on the searches with great prices. I'm curious on trying this tobacco.

Jul 15, 2011
Does anyone know where I can find "Frog Morton On the Bayou" for a good price online
I believe all the site sponsors carry every kind of Frog Morton tobacco, but pipesandcigars.com lists a 50 gram tin for $8.18. Heck of a good deal if you ask me.

pipetrucker

Sep 13, 2010
Following the white rabbit
Ah yes, Frog Morton. My CB handle is Frog Morton because I enjoy the line so much and it confusing the hell out of the non-pipe smoking truckers.
They are all good. I like the original the most, but enjoy them all.

harrier52

Can't Leave
Aug 7, 2011
Frog Morton on the Town is my absolute favorite smoke. But I do enjoy them all and smoke them all very regularly.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
nathaniel;
i just ordered some froggy today from P&C. was gonna git the sample pack but the froggy is on sale now an cheaper than the sample pack, so i got the hearth and home sample pack along with some froggy. that should give me some varieties and keep me goin for a bit hahahah

protestantpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 20, 2013
Just tried FMATP today. Very smooth and mild, but lacking the sweeter hints I find in FM and FMC. FMOTT and FMOTB are up next.

hunterwold1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2012
Frog Morton's Cellar is my go to tobacco right now. Flavor is incredible and in my experience with it, lasts through the whole bowl. Of the series, Frog Morton original would be number 2 and FMOTB would be third. FMOTB has a generous amount of perique and so approach it accordingly. Excellent series. Always in my rotation. I usually smoke it in a churchwarden because of the LOTR connection. Just my quirkiness.

bullbriar

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2013
Thinking about getting some FMC, it will be my first English blend. I was told that FMC is a good transitional blend. What do you think?

bullbriar

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2013
roth,
I am coming from aromatics, and have heard great things about FMC. I will look into Man's Best Friend as well. Thanks for the heads-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.