PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazar

Can't Leave
May 5, 2015
robcapp - I think of FM as a different animal. It's really an English aromatic so shouldn't be compared to something like Skiff or Margate or whatever. McC does (or did) make other straight-up English blends that are superior to some. I'm thinking 3 Oaks, Balkan Beauty, Legends, Wilderness etc.

derekflint

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 23, 2017
I think of FM as a different animal. It's really an English aromatic so shouldn't be compared to

Anything, other than another aromatic. I find nothing English about it at all........one trick pony IMO !!

coyja

Can't Leave
Feb 10, 2018
Spinning ball of dirt
FMotT was my very last and final purchase... I decided I needed to nab a Blending Latakia tin and also picked up a FMotT while I was there.

Never tried it, so I'll sit on it for a minute since its now extinct.

bluegrasspipe

Jan 13, 2017
Well....This did not take very long for people to list this on FleeBay. Crazy prices.
Wow, I really don't like when people take advantage of people by scalping any limited items.. I am glad so many people on this forum have been very fair to me with sales and trading!! :clap:

hiplainsdrifter

Jan 8, 2012
Wow, I really don't like when people take advantage of people by scalping any limited items.. I am glad so many people on this forum have been very fair to me with sales and trading!! :clap:
So, you don't like it when people buy something for less and sell it for more? Ever been to a store? If people will pay it, that's what it is worth. That said, I agree, pretty stupid to pay 60 bucks for a tin of 40th. Sounds possible there could be another run.

jzbdano

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 7, 2016
I'm awfully glad I didn't have to pay $60 a tin for 40th but I would if that was my only option. I wouldn't smoke it as often or have nearly as much in my cellar that's for sure. This is just the first round of flipping, there is a ton still in circulation and it isn't carrying an aged premium yet.

bluegrasspipe

Jan 13, 2017
So, you don't like it when people buy something for less and sell it for more? Ever been to a store?

Highplainsdrifter- That is why I stated LIMITED ITEMS.. I don't appreciate people buying up all the stock just for making a lot of money off of others and thus making it so others can't purchase any. A store might mark up is minimal in comparison.

A better example is a concert selling out in 5 minutes and all the ticket scalpers selling at 600% + minutes later. Or the way Esoterica blends are for sale the day I see them in the B&M at 5 times the price on fleabay.

It in my opinion taking advantage of others. Yes I understand that is how things work in the secondary market, but I don't have to like it, or include myself in it..

Status
Not open for further replies.