PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I have no idea why McClelland doesn't offer these larger cans as others do
This is one of the reasons I don't listen to the podcasts anymore. That jerk, Brian Levine, had Mary McNiel from McClelland on his 3rd episode, and he didn't have the sense to address any issues that pipe smokers and McClelland fans are keen to know about. The only fact Levine was able to elicit from McNiel was that she had been involved in some of the tin art work. After several other interviews it became apparent that Levine conducts interviews by the seat of his pants, without an agenda, and without any sense of what we think is relevant. [/rant]

kcvet67

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2010
I've tried begging Mike McNiel to market FM, Black Label, etc. in bulk or at least larger tins, he says "Not gonna happen". Maybe I should try pleading with Mary.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
If you guys want bulk frog morton apparantly McCelland's dark full english #5150 is pretty much that.

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
I would absolutely buy and cellar any of the FM blends. If they sold it in 10 lb bags I would buy it!

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
I dont have a facebook but I am totally willing to sign and or help produce anything that needs done.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
I would totally start an online petition if necessary. I like Roth was hoping someone here might have an inside track to the McNeil's.

mlyvers

Can't Leave
Sep 23, 2012
Well i understand all the concerned here, naturally if you like something you would like larger quanities of it. I myself am not real big on latakia. What is this thing with FMC that`s such a big deal? I have tried FM a couple of times and was not impressed, it had a sweet aromatic profile to it. I know this tobac has a following,which is ok by me, if you like it smoke it, i understand if you enjoy the tobacco you would want more of it.
Mike.

liltoast

Lurker
Nov 19, 2013
Not a fan of Cellar but I'd absolutely love to have bulk On the Bayou which to me is the best Frog.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
First off, Brian Levine is not a Jerk. Maybe in a 15 minute interview conducted a year ago he failed to ask the question you wanted asked, but that's how it goes.
If I think of it tomorrow I will ask Mike about putting things in larger tins or bulk but I suspect he has already made those decisions based on the effective operation of his business. Mike's only been in the pipe tobacco business for 35+ years so maybe he's wrong about not supplying certain tobaccos in bulk.
You might look back at the Pease Jacknife fiasco. He got a bunch of requests to supply this in a ready rub form and when he did he couldn't give it away. So much for people saying "I'd buy that".

Status
Not open for further replies.