PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

ahouston

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 27, 2020
Montreal
Hi!
Do any of you find that your tastes can change drastically over time -- and that mild blends can seem tasteless and airy at times, and at other times flavorful and tasty?
I think this happens to me when I take breaks for over a week or I try strong new blends.
It can be a bit frustrating as some of my favorites can become uninteresting for a while and I'm not sure how to fix that during those periods.

monty55

Lifer
Apr 16, 2014
Bryan, Texas
Hmm.
For me, all things being equal, when the same tobacco blend smoked out of the same pipe starts to taste different, it's time for that pipe to be thoroughly cleaned.

If this has nothing to do with the cleanliness of the pipes, then possibly it has to do with what you ate or drank before or during your smoke. Try to brush your teeth after a meal before smoking. Try drinking the same thing with each smoke. If you consistently have clean pipes and smoke the same way each time, the only variable is you.

PipesRock

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 21, 2020
Florida
Mood? It's affected my tastes at times.
Definitely agree with above posts too... a few days break, scrips, sinuses, clean pipes, etc.
UNLESS you're talking Capstan Blue. Then I have no idea as two tins are heaven while the next is warm air. So I just stash away 1/3 more than I want. ;)