PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

firstwordisee

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 10, 2012
pipe-2-b-600x381.jpg

pipe-2-a-600x304.jpg

http://pipesmagazine.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/album/4365/pipe-2-c-600x419.jpg[/img}
Finished Freehand #2 Let me know what you think...

captainbob

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 5, 2010
I love panelled pipes. I love your pipe! It is beautiful!!! Must say, the best panel I have ever seen in a free-hand design.
Below is a pic of my most recent purchase of a panelled pipe carved by bob Hayes and featured in the Kansas City panelled pipe carvers contest and pictured in Pipe & Tobacco Magazine last Fall.

click to enlarge:

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

firstwordisee

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 10, 2012
captainbob, first thanks for the inspirational comment, secondly...someday I hope to make a pipe as nice as your choice above, I love that thing.

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
That pipe is beautiful. You may have found your calling.
I have never owned a freehand, now I want one. I would love to have one that you made as my first. They have all looked top notch.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
I have to agree very nice work firstword. That thing just looks like it was made for my hand. :worship:

thebadkitty

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 29, 2012
Albany, Oregon
Oh yeah, that is beautiful with a capital B. If you had said it was done by a famous-name carver I'd have believed you man.
Edit: LOVE the way the grain twists around the shank!

Status
Not open for further replies.