PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cosmicbobo

Part of the Furniture Now
May 11, 2017
Though I have never been stung irreversibly, I almost never order outside of the USA. I ordered some Ukrainian pipes from eBay, only because I knew of the dealer.
I had my first run of PAD after months of TAD and all the pipes came from the US.

wizhunter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 31, 2017
One of the worst things i don't like especially on ebay uk, is that the Chinese especially put that they are UK dealers, then you order something and it arrives 3 weeks late and horrible quality from China. No offence to our American cousins but i prefer to buy UK only, saying that if it weren't for the scandalous shipping charges from the States i would probably buy more.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
U.K. has a highly developed pipe culture and history, so buying from U.K. sounds pretty good to many of us.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
If ebay, Facebook, Twitter, Wikipedia, et al., die tomorrow, the internet may have a fighting chance.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I've been buying off of eBay for years, and haven't been been burned in any serious way. Yet.
But I also don't bid on anything about which I am ignorant.
To avoid being eBay roadkill you need to do your homework, know what you are buying, know what market prices are, correspond with the seller, ask questions, ask for more and/or better documentation. If something feels too good to be true, believe that feeling and run away like the hounds of hell are pursuing you. People victimize themselves by thinking they are "smarter" than they actually are.
This in no way excuses eBay's predators, and if you are aware of one, report it to eBay. You have nothing to lose. Just bear in mind that eBay is a vast worldwide enterprise with millions upon millions of transactions happening daily. There's no way that they can police all of that and they're not going to try.

Status
Not open for further replies.