PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Zeno Marx

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 10, 2022
I've seen quite a few Charatans, and at times, I've collected them myself. I've never seen one like this. If my suspicions are accurate, this took some time (sloppy stem fitting, though). The shank might be Charatan, but that prince-like bowl does not really resemble their version of a prince, going by the rim. They did, however, do freehands and liberal interpretations of shapes, so it isn't entirely out of the question. If I was making a bet, I'd bet against the bowl being a Charatan.

s-l1600.jpg

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 21
Reactions: pipenschmoeker123

yanoJL

Lifer
Oct 21, 2022
Pismo Beach, California
The stamping/nomenclature and the stem logo look similar to the Charatan Executive line. However, I believe that line had the word "Executive" stamped below "England"

It's a beautiful pipe, though.

Ryan

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 30, 2021
Noblesville Indiana USA
I just noticed that one yesterday. It reminded me a little bit of the “After Hours” line of Charatan pipes. It would have been a good candidate to become one, and I think it would be worth a lot more if it were.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
It would honestly worry me to own a pipe like this. I dont even like bone or wood accents on shanks. Seems like one area for possible failure.
And im more thrown off by the stem on that one.

Reactions: burleybreath