PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

proutl

Lurker
Sep 30, 2009
I found some pipes in a zip lock bag at an antique store for $37.00. I got 8 pipes in all. All smokable. In the bag was a yellow bowl imperial has a nice big rustic looking bowl..purex super fineLHS, parklane deluxe LHS, Thin bite,another purex, Kingsway London made,"The Duke", Diplomat LHS..Firing up some Mac Barens vanilla cream at the moment in the yellow bowl.

proutl

Lurker
Sep 30, 2009
I will post some pictures of the pipes that I found Kevin. Need one of my kids to show me how! I found 2 more pipes today. One is a corn cob in a church warden style. Long stem. Has a "General Macaurther" type corn cob on the end (about 4 incnes long). That was $6.00 I smoked it as soon as I got home. My kids laughed at me, I looked kind of goofey smoking it but what a great smoke, nice and cool. I found another pipe, briar, can't make out the name on the side (made in London) Pipe is in decent shape. It's smokeable too. I don't care if the pipe are worth anything, I love collecting them. I'm on a real budget so it's cool picking up decent pipes from $15.00-and under. Great hobby, love pipe smoking and pipe smokers. The guy I bought the pipes from at the antique store has been smoking a pipe since 1958. Me, about a year. I hung out with him and talked for awhile pretty much about nothing, cool old vertern pipe smoker!!

proutl

Lurker
Sep 30, 2009
Hello everyone...
If you have not been on this website before you may want to check it out, it's twocousinspiperacks.com They have some really cool handmade pipe racks that also could pass for nice furniture. If you like antique or rustic looking stuff it's a great site. If anything, it may give you some ideas on how to turn an old hutch or cupboard into a cool pipe rack.
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.