PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Very cool indeed. I owned an L.L. Bean pipe, seemingly a Dr. Grabow, really handsome straight pot, nicely produced with a big bowl in a fairly light weight pipe. I finally traded it toward something I wanted more, but these house pipes are usually pretty good smokers. Disney has always been rigorous in licensing their name to anything, though of course they no longer do tobacco related products. One of my sisters worked on licensing Disney images for another sort of product, and it was an arduous, seemingly unnecessarily laborious process.

Reactions: RockRash

acidpox

Can't Leave
Nov 18, 2018
Nice addition to the collection. How much did it run you? Just curious what they go for if I ever happen to run across one on my antique store/yard sale/flea market trips.

RockRash

Lurker
Sep 8, 2019
California
Nice addition to the collection. How much did it run you? Just curious what they go for if I ever happen to run across one on my antique store/yard sale/flea market trips.
I paid 100 dollars for it ( my self imposed limit to estate pipes) that was the buy it now price the listing started at $80 but didn't want this to get away from me.

scrumpyjack

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 16, 2014
Texas
I have more than a few. ABout the only pipes I truly "collect" Here are some of my nicer finds.

Attachments

• Disneyworld 2.JPG
    Disneyworld 2.JPG
    79 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: RockRash

scrumpyjack

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 16, 2014
Texas
I found most on Ebay through the years. I found the pocket pipe at an antique shop in Waco. Disneyland pipes are pretty rare. I have 13 Disney pipes right now. Two are Disneyland marked. Of course Brian Levine is the real expert. He started a FB page about it shortly after I met him several years ago. Some great pipes and history there. https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=disney tobacciana collection&epa=SEARCH_BOX

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Did I miss who made the Disney pipes? Was it one or several pipe brands that did them? I can't tell from the photo. My L.L. Bean, as mentioned, looked Dr. Grabow-like.

Reactions: jojoc

jojoc

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 10, 2019
Did I miss who made the Disney pipes? Was it one or several pipe brands that did them? I can't tell from the photo. My L.L. Bean, as mentioned, looked Dr. Grabow-like.
I was wondering the same thing.

scrumpyjack

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 16, 2014
Texas
From my understanding, Disney commissioned pipes from several makers. Many are Comoy's shapes. Some are marked Italy, England, France etc. I've never seen stamps from the original makers.

Reactions: jojoc
Status
Not open for further replies.