New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
7 pointed stars even….ha I had never heard of lee pipes til a month back and can now distinguish between eras.

Great job! Now go buy a pound bag of super value cherry to smoke in them
Oddly, Lee pipes are now appearing on Ebay when I hadn't noticed previously.

Even more so in the past few weeks.

Just an observation. Nothing more or less.

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
This one’s mostly cleaned up… softening up the goo plugging the stem in the other…

View attachment 104277View attachment 104278View attachment 104279View attachment 104280
Both pipes are early 7 pointed Three Stars from the late 1940s and were the ten dollar grade of the World’s Finest Pipe, the Lee Star Grade.

When a rakishly handsome British diplomat on a hurried Western trip made national headlines by locating and purchasing two cheap $15 pipes, Lord (soon to be Baron) Inverchapel scoffed at ten dollar American pipes in a Boise pipe shop.

Had he only known, that in New York City a bold visionary named Lee was producing and selling stunning pipes like those at ten dollars, he could have taken $30 and bought six Two Star Grade Pipes by Lee.

A Lee never sold by the gross in Times Square. Each one was stamped A Limited Edition.

In 1946 the top Five Star grade was the most expensive regularly cataloged pipe in the world, and beat all, a man had ever seen.

YOU BEAT ALL I’VE EVER SEEN

Rhonda Vincent and The Rage

Welcome to the cult.

You’ll not stop, because you can’t stop, and won’t want to stop Reaching For The Stars.

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
Oddly, Lee pipes are now appearing on Ebay when I hadn't noticed previously.

Even more so in the past few weeks.

Just an observation. Nothing more or less.

I check eBay every day, and two nice Lees are overpriced, and sit.

Some have obvious cracks from abuse.

But for $100 you should be able to buy three or four Lee’s with lava and bowl cake and restore them to their former glory.