PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

strongirish

Can't Leave
Aug 20, 2010
Lake Conroe, TX
This forum layout has me a little baffled. I belong to 11 others and am senior moderator at one of them, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to have replies to threads I post on sent to me on my email. Is this possible with our set up and if so can someone tell me how to do it?

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
You have to go to the main page , then click my account then the sub-menu will come up . You can not get there from the forums . :]

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
My biggest complaint with this forum is that we only have 15 minutes to edit a post. Every other forumI've been on let's you edit anytime after.
-Jason

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Earl, igloo is joking. You can click on your own name in any thread to get to your profile.
Click Edit in the top right, then half way down, check the box for Favorites Notification.
Looking at your profile, it is already checked.
You also have to click - Add this topic to your favorites (?) at the top of the thread.
Right now you only have 2 favorites, the welcome thread and the borkum riff one.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Every other forumI've been on let's you edit anytime after.
Case in point. If we had the ability to edit, I could've gone back and put a space between "forum" & "I've". (Again, I should not try to talk on the phone, smoke and post at the same time. Multitasking is not for me.) LOL!
-Jason

strongirish

Can't Leave
Aug 20, 2010
Lake Conroe, TX
Could this not be automated like most forums where if you post on a thread it automatically becomes a favorite? If I post on a thread, i will always want to see any responces on it.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
45 is a great start! Thanks, Kevin! Now to go find that Best of the Jackson 5 CD and a bottle of Bombay Sapphire...
-Jason

tanless1

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 14, 2010
15min was fine, 30 min seems to be the standard in my experience. The edit window prevents one from changing "history" . Reminds the type A that they are human afterall, and leaves the evedince so the rest of us can remind them. 45min is most generous.....welcome to humanity.

Status
Not open for further replies.