Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
I'd like to let everyone know that my programmer will be doing some work on the forums and on LuxuryTobaccoReviews.com.
Forums work -
1. PM email notification - We are finally going to have this. The site is just too big with too many members to ignore this feature omission any longer.
2. Favorites Notification - This is the feature where you can check a box in your forums profile to get email notification of updates to threads marked as favorites. It is working for some people and not for others, so we will try to fix this.
LuxuryTobaccoReviews.com -
For some bizarre reason, the site suddenly won't let anyone login. You login, but then you are immediately logged out - even me with the admin account. He is working on solving this as well. Keep your fingers crossed.
Lastly, he will attempt a Geo-Targeting feature for banner ads, which you can read about here.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I'm lost without my favorites notifications, so hopefully that gets corrected with the upgrades. Thank you for the upgrades and the general attention to the forum

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
Favorite notification or "thread subscription" is great especially for forum noobs like me who see interesting threads pop up that were started months ago. Good move, thanks

cyndi

Lifer
Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
I know it's going to be awesome in the end. :D
But right now, my iPad is very unhappy. Does your programmer have one to troubleshoot how it looks in Safari?

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I'm getting some strange pages using Firefox. Also link to upload photos does not show up under "My account". Using IE everything seems fine.

cyndi

Lifer
Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
No worries Kevin. :) it's the Murphy's law of website design and maintenance. The moment you change something, 10 completely unrelated things go wrong. It's like changing your spark plugs and suddenly your windshield wipers don't work.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
It was a new caching system we set up server side. It was messing up the session cookie on LTR and wasn't caching the CSS in the forums, but was looking for cached CSS that it never found, hence the design goes out of whack.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Any luck on fixing the favorites notifications? I didn't realize the value of that feature until mine stopped! (still resets to no notification for me)

Status
Not open for further replies.