PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

asteroid1

Might Stick Around
Sep 2, 2011
With the exception of new tobacco/tobacconist/pipe/accessories reviews/news, I think every pipe smoking topic question has already been answered somewhere on the internet in the archives of: ASP, forum.pipes.org, pipesmagazine.com. So would it be possible to have a system like ebay when starting a topic an answer is sugested based on the content of the post?

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I think that would help to immediately address the issues raised in a given post or inquiry,

but it would really detract from the interaction and collegiality of the forums, which, I think,

is their primary purpose and greatest service.
Good thinking though! :clap: We need more of such suggestions for improvement and added value.

pawpaw

Lifer
Jun 25, 2011
cleveland NC
the other half is for a new guy to get the personal attention provided by seasoned smokers as a new smoker (like me with less than a year with pipes)

and google like to watch you like big brother i would rather get help from my furry chinned Uncle and i aint talking about Sam
who makes a good tinfoil hat?

cyndi

Lifer
Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
Every post is different in content because of the people who contribute. I would like to see a "related post" feature based on tags that will allow you to browse from thread to thread to get a broader picture of ideas and feedback. :)

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
Every post is different in content because of the people who contribute. I would like to see a "related post" feature based on tags that will allow you to browse from thread to thread to get a broader picture of ideas and feedback

+1

And not as a feature, but maybe this would be a good gentle reminder for those of us who are more experienced on the boards to dig up those old threads that they remember with pertinent content when recurring topics are introduced.

jcsoldit

Lifer
Mar 27, 2010
Wisconsin
May I also make a suggestion?
I find it interesting how where we live in the world often affects our thoughts, opinions, and even tastes in tobacco and pipes. So I’d like to suggest we all add where in the world we live to the signature section of our profiles like I’ve done. “See Below”

Status
Not open for further replies.