PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
Is he a fucking butter sucker and sick? Yes, as well as mentally twisted. He is sad, he says that his population does not raise the birth rate of his terrifying country. He is one of the most terrifying characters on the planet. it makes me really repugnance to see it.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
He's just a puppet of China.
He's just a puppet of China.
I'd bet his willingness to go "off script" scares them at times. He's not particularly wedded to the CCP, Don't buy into what the press sometimes writes. The Russians distrust the Chinese, with good reason as part of their joint border is still contentious. North Korea happily plays them off against each other with good results with regard to moneys and weapons.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
I'd bet his willingness to go "off script" scares them at times. He's not particularly wedded to the CCP, Don't buy into what the press sometimes writes. The Russians distrust the Chinese, with good reason as part of their joint border is still contentious. North Korea happily plays them off against each other with good results with regard to moneys and weapons.

I essentially agree with all of that...these things are of course much more complex than any simple statement...and I could say more but it would get too "political".

But at the end of the day, I would still say NK is primarily a puppet of China.

As for the "press", I'm assuming you mean the "mainstream" corporate press...if so, you needn't worry about me buying into anything they have to say because I almost never read or listen to any of it any more. I just don't have time for the childish nonsense they try to feed the public 24/7 ... plenty of much higher quality info out there. Fortunately for all of us their collective viewership and ratings are very low because most people seem to see through their BS now.

Last edited:

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Fortunately for all of us their collective viewership and ratings are very low because most people seem to see through their BS now.
I'm not too sure about that. The low ratings could also be a fabricated low figure to justify gov't pumping money into the lamestream media to both "save it" and to implement initiatives to "fight 'misinformation' ". Two-punch approach.

Having watched people collectively for many years, and specially for the last four, I'm still reluctant to credit them with a smidgen of wisdom:

img_4894-1.jpg

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
I'm not too sure about that. The low ratings could also be a fabricated low figure to justify gov't pumping money into the lamestream media to both "save it" and to implement initiatives to "fight 'misinformation' ". Two-punch approach.

Having watched people collectively for many years, and specially for the last four, I'm still reluctant to credit them with a smidgen of wisdom:

img_4894-1.jpg

This would be my very rough ballpark estimate of how it breaks down amongst the general public:

The NPC in your meme represents about 30% of the population...apparently permanently lost.

There is another roughly 30% who have a reasonable awareness of reality and sincerely trying to just discern the real truth about things. That doesn't mean they agree on everything, but they're not zombies.

The remaining 40% are not zombies either, but they just go along to get along and mostly keep their heads in the sand...which has always worked for them in the past, but it's not working any more...their comfort zones have been invaded by the extreme abnormality of the "new normal"...and by economic pressures.

Last edited:

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
This would be my very rough ballpark estimate of how it breaks down amongst the general public:

The NPC in your meme represents about 30% of the population...apparently permanently lost.

There is another roughly 30% who have a reasonable awareness of reality and sincerely trying to just discern the real truth about things. That doesn't mean they agree on everything, but they're not zombies.

The remaining 40% are not zombies either, but they just go along to get along and mostly keep their heads in the sand...which has always worked for them in the past, but it's not working any more...their comfort zones have been invaded by the extreme abnormality of the "new normal"...and by economic pressures.
General public can't locate their state on a map. Most of those don't know which state they are living in. Most people who say they don't like certain politician can't say why they don't like them.

Forgot who said it, but dirty public bathroom and illiteracy indicates downfall of the society. We already hit both points.

Reactions: JOHN72 and brian64
Status
Not open for further replies.