PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Groot5225

Might Stick Around
Feb 3, 2023
On estervals they have Former 50th anniversary on their site. Does this tobacco have Syrian Latakia?

I know Syrian Latakia has been discontinued but wondering if Former has some stash leftover.

yanoJL

Lifer
Oct 21, 2022
Pismo Beach, California
The Jubilee blend?
According to tobacco reviews...

"A classic English Virginia mixture with a fairly high amount of Syrian Latakia. This blend is full bodied and spicy, yet soft and mellow with the typical natural Virginia sweetness"

Reactions: Groot5225

Groot5225

Might Stick Around
Feb 3, 2023
The Jubilee blend?
According to tobacco reviews...

"A classic English Virginia mixture with a fairly high amount of Syrian Latakia. This blend is full bodied and spicy, yet soft and mellow with the typical natural Virginia sweetness"
Yes. This is the picture of it. IMG_1311.jpeg

Reactions: pipenschmoeker123

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I’m here in the US. But thanks for looking out. I won’t proceed since it’s been awhile that Syrian Latakia was produced.
I think that blend was produced in 2020 so kind of odd that it would be in stock as well.

sardonicus87

Lifer
Jun 28, 2022
Lower Alabama
On the flip side, just keep your eyes open on the forums. Some people still do have blends in their cellars that were made with Syrian latakia and they occasionally decide they want to clear out some.

I just recently scored a few oz of Mac Baren HH Syrian from a member here just last month when they decided after quite some time, that they just don't like English blends, I immediately messaged and told them that if they were thinking of selling, that I would be interested in that one. Next day, the deal was done, and not for some of the exorbitant prices you sometimes see on bidding sites.

Reactions: Groot5225