PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I don't have any pipes with silver on them. I do have a little silver snuff box though.View attachment 99454
One of the prettiest metals in my opinion. The only one I own in my limited collection of jewelry. At one point I had over 40 of Savinelli's 904 shape. Many of them had silver and it was a regular routine to keep them polished. A few of my meers have silver accents. Very attractive on a pipe.

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
We've got three shifts with 18 production lines and a molding department each with various machines and people operating each one. Each of these people have an hourly production sheet that includes mechanical efficiency and issues regarding machine performance. Hundreds of documents that I have to analyze daily to correct or perfect any mechanical timing to enable more products to be produced in a timely matter. Time study documents also fall into my corner. Seinfeld was anti-humor.

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
It's a matter of taste, but I think it's quite a looker. I'd rather smoke it than seal it in a block, but either way, it's good to see.
I was surprised to find it. After losing interest in the 904s, I got rid of all but one of them and thought this one went out with them. Really much too small to be a regular smoker and personally becoming a larger fan of meerschaum pieces, this one will be a nice figurine to say that this space belongs to a pipe smoker.

Jan 30, 2020
New Jersey
We've got three shifts with 18 production lines and a molding department each with various machines and people operating each one. Each of these people have an hourly production sheet that includes mechanical efficiency and issues regarding machine performance. Hundreds of documents that I have to analyze daily to correct or perfect any mechanical timing to enable more products to be produced in a timely matter. Time study documents also fall into my corner. Seinfeld was anti-humor.
I’m curious why there hasn’t been a shift to digital? I’m always surprised when companies still rely heavily on paper in today’s world. That alone seems like a missed efficiency opportunity.

Reactions: Latakia Dave

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
I’m curious why there hasn’t been a shift to digital? I’m always surprised when companies still rely heavily on paper in today’s world. That alone seems like a missed efficiency opportunity.
Hard copy is harder to delete and serves as a backup in the event of data corruption, and sensitive trade secret information can't be hacked. I personally won't rely on digital currency, books, and don't even own a home computer.