Forget Desert Island Pipe...What's Your Apocalypse Pipe!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipenscotch

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 19, 2012
I've seen a few threads in the past that discussed what pipe and tobacco you'd have with you if you were to be stranded on a desert island. Well here's a new question. What pipe (only allowed one) and tobacco (assuming it was in endless supply, you could just wish it into existence), would you take with you in a post-apocalyptic situation? Consider durability (considering the environment, harsh, unforgiving Etc Etc...). The tobacco is less important, basically the one that would bring you the most pleasure in such an environment.
I myself would choose either my very first pipe (a Savinelli basket, mostly because it's had the shit kicked out of it and it's still smoking like a champ), or a cob. Although I'd be concerned that the cob would burn out over time.
Choose wisely!

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
It'd probably be made of brylon or bake-lite. Not my preferrence; but it's virtually indestructable. Although I could probably just make my own clays or cobs with not too much effort.

leacha

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 19, 2013
Colorado
ARISTOCOB

56_1.jpg

A knife and some wood and new bowls.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
All due respect, but if started smoking a Brylon pipe, I'd feel I'd pretty much had it. Give me a briar pipe with a smooth or

blast finish, a medium or slightly small bowl to conserve tobacco. Maybe a Chocum or BC straight billiard. Granger tobacco,

which when found in the Egyptian pyramids was ready to smoke. (Not really, of course, but you get the idea.) Or if an asteroid

was going to hit us for sure, my Ser Jacopo bent blast Dublin and a full tin of Dunhill MM 965.

bryanf

Jul 16, 2013
Probably a general macarther pipe because I'd want a looooooooooooooong smoke before going to hell!

bryanf

Jul 16, 2013
Probably a general macarther pipe because I'd want a looooooooooooooong smoke before going to hell!

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
Despite protests to the contray, Yello-Bole brylon would be my choice. I have two. I often travel with them because they are so tough. The do get a little hot to handle, but both smoke fine otherwise. Plus, their size to weight ratio makes them an effective impromptu weapon to hurl at an oncoming opponent, try that with your puny cobs!!!!
My tobacco of choice would be Mixture 79...obviously!

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
Although I love my Petersons (which are mostly built like tanks), my Savs, Stanwell, and other pipes (including a couple of higher end pipes), my Nordings have grown very dear to me. I have a matched pair of Silver Series blasted straight billiards (one of which I'm smoking now), which never let me down! They're stout pipes with thick walls, nice open draws, they smoke cool in every sense of the word, they smoke dry and they're drilled perfectly!

You can't ask for much more than that in a pipe!

One is a dedicated Va/Va/Per pipe (smoking LBF in that one at the moment), the other is a dedicated English/Balkan pipe.

Depending on which one I took, my tobacco would probably be either McClelland Blue Mountain or Orlik Golden Sliced.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Brewshooter, no one speaks up for Brylon. I'm proud of you. They look like little thumb burners, but I admit,

I've never owned one and never smoked one. Are you really going to sell us all a Brylon Yello-Bole? You know

how vulnerable this group is to PAD. Are you sure you want to do this to us? Does every Forums member need

a Brylon in their glove compartment? Are your sure of this? Should I get my Brylon Forever post ready?
What the hell is Brylon? I know it's a synthetic something made to replace briar during World War II, but what

is it? Nylon and wood fiber?

Status
Not open for further replies.