PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

wgstraub

Might Stick Around
Jan 31, 2021
Silver Spring, MD
I can’t help but notice old Forest and Stream tobacco tins can go for hundreds of dollars. Does anyone know anything about the tobacco itself? Has anyone ever tried it? Curious about what it might be comparable to on the current market and when it ended production.

wgstraub

Might Stick Around
Jan 31, 2021
Silver Spring, MD
There's no giving it a try, as far as I know. It's out of production. It's not Field and Stream, it's Forest and Stream. And if you check ebay, you'll see the tins can go into better than $100. Here's a photo:

Reactions: yanoJL

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
I understand it's no longer produced as you observed. For a hundred plus you can try it out. Absent any volunteer purchasers or someone with past experience, you'll have to purchase a tin and give it a shot. If it can be be properly hydrated of course.

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
The tins on ebay all look empty. And their prices do seem high! But ebay doesn't allow the sale of unopened tins any way. This blend is very mysterious. It's not on tobaccoreview.com, so it must have been discontinued a while ago.

Feb 25, 2023
I too am on a mission to study this historic blend. I see this is an old thread but it's always worth trying to wake it up and stir things up a bit. I think this blend was Canadian by Imperial Canada as was shared by another member on my separate thread on this site. I was quite surprised that "Forest and Stream" has no entry at tobaccoreviews.com. I have never had an instance where they didn't have the most obscure old brands and blends with some entry, but not with this.

Reactions: yanoJL