PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 14, 2012
Sadly, my heart has been talking to me lately. She says that I quit smoking and drinking or she will quit me. It has been a 63 year run with cigars, 61 years with pipes. Not complaining, I got my money's worth out of this body. I do have about 100 Dunhills, 75 other very good pipes and about 1000 cans of tobacco. Will keep about a dozen pipes as mementos. If you are looking for estate pipes or tobacco, some well aged, let me know. I will not sell them dirt cheap, but will sell for less than they would get normally.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I am sorry to hear, this, Foggy. You've been a staunch contributor here, and I hope you won't go away after sealing the last of your tins.

bassbug

Lifer
Dec 29, 2016
foggy mountain,
Will you be posting what you want to sell on this forum or do you prefer to communicate through PM?

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
Foggy I'm sorry to hear you are quitting smoking, but it's good that you know your body and are listening to what it says. I'm posting this picture of a Dunhill I have because it's the easiest way for you to see it. I will PM you my question.

img_1727-600x400.jpg

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Foggy, I'm sorry to hear that you'll be giving up the pipe, I know how much you enjoy it. But I'm happy to hear that you are putting your health first. That's a very good thing. Please hang around here, or at least stop back for the occasional visit!

J. Mayo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2012
Texas
Same as above, I'm sorry to hear about your health. Too bad you couldn't just give up women or something as reasonable instead of the pipe. Out of curiosity, what would be the general price range you are considering for the Dunhills? I've never owned one but have always considered it if I found a decent one for a good price.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
I am also sorry to hear that foggy. I've always enjoyed your posts and your artistic point of view. Thank you very much for your contributions, sir. I hope quitting smoking doesn't mean quitting posting here.

Aug 14, 2012
Thanks guys. Condolences are premature. Maybe in 5-10 years. Please email me directly at brucescameras@gmail.com The message feature on this site is not working and I cannot get them. Will stay in touch. Good bunch of people on this site.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
foggy', I'm sure you will keep a selection of pipes, and maybe indulge in holiday smokes. Whatever your heart tells you, literally. Maybe stop by Forums now and then to keep us on track. You are a Dunhill standard bearer and foremost in the Royal Order of Pipe Nail Admirers. Stay in touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.