Nov 24, 2015
giphy.gif

Singularis

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 11, 2019
Wausau, Wis
But apparently it's okay to have crazy unicode characters in the URL:

1636383645627.png

It looks like the question mark from the forum thread gets stripped, but not the ? symbol. The site developer needs to do something about stripping forward slashes as well, and that would fix the "Show us your Pipe Cabinet/Display" forbidden problem.

saintpeter

Lifer
May 20, 2017
You don't have permission to access /forums/threads/show-us-your-pipe-cabinet-display.87429/unread on this server.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Dealing with the internet makes me feel like I am communicating with people who have LSD every morning for breakfast. I've ceased looking for any logical progressions. You just try to stay calm and cheerful, and don't take anything they write or say seriously. They'll be okay. Just don't rile them if you can help it.

timelord

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 30, 2017
Gallifrey
Dealing with the internet makes me feel like I am communicating with people who have LSD every morning for breakfast. I've ceased looking for any logical progressions. You just try to stay calm and cheerful, and don't take anything they write or say seriously. They'll be okay. Just don't rile them if you can help it.
Speaking as someone who developed some of the very first internet applications... ...you're pretty much spot on :col:

Reactions: mso489

PipeyPiper

Lurker
Nov 4, 2021
Switzerland
I thought this was going to be another Penzance Thread!?

Beautiful Cabinet, by the way.
It is a beaut, but its not mine. I just pulled that off a quick search. I plan on building my own so I started "The Forbidden Thread" to look for ideas unaware it can potentially lead to a knife fight. ? Sorry, I'm new here.

Reactions: perdurabo