PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erehwesle

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 20, 2020
Sylva, NC
I've had one 12 string guitar years ago. It was an early 70s Yamaha semi- hollow body electric.

Nice guitar! Mine is only an Oscar Schmidt Acoustic, inexpensive but I love it. Nice guitar with great tone. I really enjoy the twelve, it has such a full sound.

Here's a picture along with my beloved washboard rig which I play with a couple of bluegrass and folk groups. That and harmonica.

IMG_5513.HEIC.jpeg

Mar 13, 2020
missouri
Nice guitar! Mine is only an Oscar Schmidt Acoustic, inexpensive but I love it. Nice guitar with great tone. I really enjoy the twelve, it has such a full sound.

Here's a picture along with my beloved washboard rig which I play with a couple of bluegrass and folk groups. That and harmonica.

View attachment 30849
Nice set up! Ive been playing guitar for a little over 20 years, but lately I've been playing the mandolin quite a bit. I picked up playing it around 3 years ago.

Jaylotw

Lifer
Mar 13, 2020
NE Ohio
It took me a good three months to get clawhammer down, and then another couple years to get the drop thumb worked in. What a sound though!

Nice 12, BTW. Do you keep it in standard or tune down like Leo Kottke or Leadbelly?

Reactions: kurtbob

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
North Central Florida
I've changed this up every time I play it and it's only got two 'stanzas' so far..I'm never finished with a song because I'm still learning .. my daughter says she can't hear this, but it's only the first run by to get an idea of how it records on youtube. unlisted;
You toob

Status
Not open for further replies.