PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

lupy1234

Might Stick Around
Jul 3, 2023
Added another pipe smoker to the community. A co-worker, who smoke cigars, came up to me and asked about pipe smoking. I said I would help and hook him up. Gave him one of my unsmoked pipes and a tin of Cult BRM. Talked through the basics. He went on break to get his bic lighter after I told him not to use a torch lighter. He came back all smiles.

May 2, 2018
Bucks County, PA
Added another pipe smoker to the community. A co-worker, who smoke cigars, came up to me and asked about pipe smoking. I said I would help and hook him up. Gave him one of my unsmoked pipes and a tin of Cult BRM. Talked through the basics. He went on break to get his bic lighter after I told him not to use a torch lighter. He came back all smiles.
Friendly corruption at its finest. 👍☕

badbriar

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 17, 2012
Suncoast Florida by the Beach
Same here. I introduced my cigar buddy to the expanded tastes of pipe tobaccos and he is amazed by the variety of tastes and flavors available. Initially, he didn't believe that there are many more varieties than are available with cigars. In true domino effect form, he then introduced another of our buds to pipes!
We still get together for regular cigar nights, and when it is cold enough here in FL, we do the fire pit thing and enjoy a few bowls of pipe tobaccos!

Sigmund

Lifer
Sep 17, 2023
France
Great!

While I do like cigars they lack the convienience of a pipe and good ones are freakin expensive to regularly light up. They are terrible to relight so they are also a major time investment. Given the choice I enjoy pipe tobaccos more.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Good job for hooking him up with a pipe and some tobacco.

Over the years I've added a few people to the pipe smoking community. Several of the guys from our poker group got into pipes as I would smoke my pipes as we played poker. I gifted them all cobs to try out and let them pick through my tobacco's. Some of them even went out and bought their own pipes and tobacco. Though most of them only smoke a pipe with me at our annual guy's weekend poker trip these days. Two of them still smoke on occasion, and one other smoke's regularly as we hang out almost weekly. He has a nice little collection of Dunhill pipes.

Reactions: johnscs and B.Lew

Ebarber

Can't Leave
Mar 11, 2020
Newark, Ohio
That's cool!
It's always fun to have a friend to share new blends with.
Good for the pipe hobby to add new faces too.

I introduced a friend to the pipe and took him to the Columbus pipe show a few years ago. It was just him and I.

Now this year I think we'll have 5 or 6 going with us :)

Its great fun sharing the hobby.

We've all been excitedly talking about the next show since we left the last one.

Reactions: johnscs and OzPiper

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Hey, as long as he's 13 21, it's all smoke.