PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Sadly, like D Day, and Pearl Harbor; as time goes on more people will forget this tragic day. It will become an after thought, any ceremonies will be shuffled down the list on the nightly news etc. It's starting to happen already and we're only 16 years removed from this event. Until 9/11 Pearl Harbor was our greatest tragedy on US soil, and unless you're in Hawaii it seems like no one does anything to remember the tragic event and the lives lost by our service men and woman. Same goes for D Day ceremonies, which is sad and unfortunate. All three events should be remembered by all every year.
For me it will always be a tragedy that will be remembered. A few months prior to 9/11, I had enrolled in a local community college and there fire science program (firefighting training/education). A week before school started this horrific event unfolded. I was working from home at the time, and watched the events unfold live on TV. For a week straight all I did was watch live news coverage of the event; listening to stories of tragic lost and the few courageous events. For the next two years 9/11 was the subject of many conversations/trainings in our classes at school with video clips being replayed over again. To this day, it's very hard for me to watch those old video clips as many are ingrained into my mind. Though I never went into the fire service due to a back injury, several family members served in the fire service, some still are, so this day is still very important to me. As it should be for all Americans. Shall we Never Forget.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Deniz, you probably will be banned, Respect is not in your heart. Yes the real heros are the ones that didn't come back. There is no reasoning with people like you, So I say to you Sir, GO AWAY AND DONT COME BACK. To the Mods I apologize .PS I'm through with this.

didache

Can't Leave
Feb 11, 2017
London, England
To restore a little honour to this ...
A couple of weeks after 9/11 (and before I went to NYC) there was a special service of remembrance at Westminster Abbey. The Abbey is the UK's national church and it holds an awful lot of people. I was there for the service and the place was packed out. The events of 9/11 touched people all over the world, and many people in many countries wanted to express their solidarity to the US.
No matter how hurt you may be, remember that you always have friends.
Mike

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
This has turned a good thread into one that makes for sad reading.
Deniz, you have a couple of minor points...but I think you should hang your head in shame for the bulk of your tirade.
Regards,
Jay.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
a-few-facts-you-never-knew-about-tropic-thunder-18-photos-4.jpg

Deniz, man... "Everybody knows you don't go full retard, man.... you went full retard."

~Robert Downey Jr. from Tropic Thunder

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
Anthony..good post & thanks.

But I don't appreciate you recommending a tobacco I don't have! :)

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
Estey's Bridge N.B Canada
I often think of this brave, brave man when there's talk of that day. He made it all the way to the impacted floors and was working on fighting the fire, I just can't imagine it......
MEMO%20Orio.jpg

Mar 1, 2014
I rate the Deniz rant a 6/10.

More good points than not, a mixed bag.

My tinfoil hat was already a few inches thick when 9/11 hit and by now it's more of a faraday cage.

I was just reading about Pizzagate the other day... but of course the idea that "Americans" are the whole problem would be intensely naïve.
It almost seems as though humanity is doomed to either unorganized local chaos or organized global chaos.
And we can still respect the motivations of those who do serve selflessly. No doubt watever state we live in today would be infinitely worse if no-one cared enough to try.

Jan 8, 2013
there's a reason the half world hates you US guys.[Yeah. That would be people like you, but I guarantee you, if your country was suddenly under attack, you'd be hoping like hell the U.S.A showed up to save your A.S.S. This thread was meant to remember and honor all the brave people that 9/11 claimed and honor the brave soldiers who put their tails on the line every freaking day so that we CAN live at home in relative peace. You, sir, have a lot of hatred in you, and I'm sorry you're obviously so miserable. Some of the crap you said... you might as well be pissing on their graves. Did you stop to think that maybe some of the members of this forum have family members who either lost their lives 9/11 or busted their tails trying to save others? Or that some of the members on this forum are those soldiers you so vehemently disrespected? Or that some of those lost fellow soldiers? Or family members lost soldiers? No, because you're obviously a selfish, pitiful human being.
AmericanFlag010.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.