PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

badbriar

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 17, 2012
Suncoast Florida by the Beach
Orlando here - also have place in Sarasota, so I'd be interested in a pipe club there. I'm very interested in starting a pipe club in the Central Florida area. Any ideas or suggestions welcome. Orlando is a tough area because nobody here really calls it home. No B&M's dedicated to pipes, but there are several cigar shops and bars. A few carry a moderate selection of pipes, tins and the obligatory bulk house aromatics.
Anyone interested in starting a Pipe Club in Central FL?
You Sarasota guys please give me a PM - love to get together. I go over at least once a month.
bb

nightmarejones

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2012
For those close to Orlando there's a smoke shop in Clermont on HWY 50 "Ol' times smoke shop".They have a wall of pipes and about 15-20 jars of their blends along with quite a few retail blends.They also have a lounge but I didn't go in, but from what I could see it seemed a bit small with no beverage sales.The guy there was awesome (the only time I went)very helpful but didn't hound me as I walked around the walk-in humidor and smelled all the pipe tobacco.

ryan89

Lurker
Nov 2, 2012
Is this thread still active? Has anyone started a "pipe club"? I'd be very interested in coming to a meeting or two or hundred... I just started smoking pipes and LOVE THEM. I currently have a MM cob. I came from cigar smoking which i also still love, but pipes seem to be more convenient and still a great smoke. someone please let me know if there is one going on. my email is buom5489@gmail.com. email is the best way to let me know, Thanks!

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
Although I live in Arkansas, I was born in Pensacola ('54), did some growing up in Sanford ('62-'66)

and Jacksonville ('70-'71). (Was a Navy Brat!)

badbriar

Oct 17, 2012
I'm moving forward with getting a pipe & cigar club together in the Central Florida / Orlando area.

After talking with members of pipe & cigar clubs elsewhere, came away with some good ideas. Many cubs have raffles for tobacco tins, fine pipes and good cigars. I've run across a few pubs that allow pipes & cigars inside. Remember, sponsors are willing to invest in clubs with active membership. There are a lot benefits to be had. Already have one supplier sending sample tins! Just need members to share with.

Send a PM if interested. Cigars / pipe tobacco on me for first meeting! Let's get this together...

bb

nathaniel

Jan 4, 2011
Titusville here... I'd be down for Orlando meetings. I tried about 6-7 months ago, but no one on here seemed to be central FL except like two others.

seakayak

Sep 21, 2010
I've been living in Palm Beach Gardens since 1989. With all the activity this thread is getting, I'm surprised I haven't bumped into more pipers through all those years. It's good to know I' m not alone down here.

badbriar

Oct 17, 2012
All who are interested in having a Pipe & Cigar club in the Central Florida area - take a look at the latest post in the discussion topic of "Central Florida Pipe & Cigar Group". There are some 5 or 6 individuals so far who have expressed interest - the momentum is starting. With Thanksgiving coming up, it's kind of busy. We can look into setting up an informal meet to see what's what. Any excuse to have a satisfying pipe smoke, a fine cigar and some good beer! So - send me a PM so we can keep in touch. Let's get this together.

bracerbob

Lurker
Nov 3, 2012
Spring Hill Florida
Bob here on the west coast of Florida in Spring Hill. Anxious to meet other fellow Floridian pipe smokers.

Getting back into pipe smokimg after not smoking anything at all for many decades.

nightmarejones

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2012
Wow bracerbob you're only about 30-40 mins away..I'm here in Bushnell...Welcome back to the pipe and this forum.

bracerbob

Lurker
Nov 3, 2012
Spring Hill Florida
Hi nightmarejones,

I was out your way several months ago. To bad we didn't know about each other then.

Do you ever get out here my way say on Cortez Blvd aka SR - 50? I'd like to meet you some time. We could have coffee on Cortez at the Dunkin Donuts across the street from Walmart & Sam's Club.

bracerbob