Florida Home Inventory Completed (Almost)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

dcon

Lifer
Mar 16, 2019
Jacksonville, FL
Mark, as much as I am impressed by your stash (and your taste), I greatly admire (envy) your organization and cataloguing I keep telling myself that, I will do the same when I retire in a year or so. The only thing that I am sure is, like you, the tobacco will survive me. Great job!

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Mark, as much as I am impressed by your stash (and your taste), I greatly admire (envy) your organization and cataloguing I keep telling myself that, I will do the same when I retire in a year or so. The only thing that I am sure is, like you, the tobacco will survive me. Great job!
Thank you. I felt like, if I really wanted to be confident I had enough of what I wanted to smoke the rest of my life, I had to have a reasonably accurate count of what I have. I really enjoy mild Virginia Flake blends earlier in the day. Vauen No 14, HH Pure Virginia, Virginia Roll Cake, Wessex Gold Virginia Flake and Orlik GS are my favorites. The reality is, I could use more of a couple of those and less of some other blends I have. I'm going to be posting some trade offers soon to try and correct that a bit.

To be more accurate with this, I need to have a reasonably accurate count of all of it. I'll have that in a few months. It's not likely I'll get it perfect but I think I can two it to be closer to my view of ideal.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Haven't seen that much tobacco in one man's stash since Peckinpaughhombre.
He certainly has a great cellar. I had heard around 600 lb but I can't say for sure. What you see in the photos is actually around 1/3 of what I have total. The rest is in an environmentally controlled storage unit in Indiana. Storage is about the only downside to having a large cellar.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Not too many pipe shops have an inventory as large as your third of your cellar in Florida. My whole stash is probably not a third of your Florida supply. I smoke slowly.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Not too many pipe shops have an inventory as large as your third of your cellar in Florida. My whole stash is probably not a third of your Florida supply. I smoke slowly.
I've yet to see one remotely close with what they have displayed. Who's to say what they have stored in the backroom though. Doesn't matter though, is never been a contest for me. Simply a matter of making sure my pipe smoking needs are taken care of. And I also know there are collections that make mine seem miniscule. One member here has over 2,000 pounds.

LeafErikson

Lifer
Dec 7, 2021
Oregon
Awesome cellar Hoosier. I haven’t had most of those blends. I switched from cigarettes to the pipe about two years ago so I’ve never tried a lot of the older blends. Enjoy it down there in Florida brother.

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy

n_irwin

Can't Leave
Apr 15, 2022
Oklahoma, USA
@hoosierpipeguy, I’ve recently started poking around on this forum and a few days ago I read a post from you about building a cellar. It was from around this time last year. So it’s fun to see what your actual cellar looks like. Super impressive.

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy

americaman

Part of the Furniture Now
May 1, 2019
Los Angeles, CA
Good Lordy, You ain't gonna see anything like this nowhere in Europe, but living in FL,or any other coastal region in the south sounds like a great perspective to me
I think @tozert had a similar sized stash in England, or at least comparable. Back when he sold me a lot of stuff he had an insane list of vintage tobaccos going back to the 70s or 80s. He has since sold off most of his stash.