PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

romaso

Lifer
Dec 29, 2010
Pacific NW
Hey guys. I have a load of Mixture No.79 which I'm not crazy about. Is there any way of adding a flavour to it. I seen Cherry&Vanilla tobacco spray online and wondering if anyone new anything about it. Or is there any other way??? Thanks

Mix 79 has a buttload of licorice, so unless you like licorice (I don't), adding another flavor won't help. I'd think about rinsing it off, maybe try rinsing in a sieve or even soaking in water, and then drying it (quickly so mold won't develop, maybe low heat oven). Try a small batch first and let us know how it goes. I realize tobacco is expensive there and you'd want to salvage it.

The comment on airing it is worth a shot first, if you won't mind a lower level of licorice. It was Hugh Hefner's favorite blend, so maybe see if the Irish ladies like the scent too.

Next time check out reviews of the blend first:
Tobacco Reviews | Browse and Review your Favorite Pipe Tobacco Products

Reactions: BROBS and weezell

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
2 kilos of it? Chuck it in the Liffey mate & watch the river turn green!? Unless you're an environmentalist of course, in which case you'd be better off giving it to somebody like Half there Dan the clay pipe man. He's a mentalist & would probably love it. ?
@simong I don't recommend chucking it in the river, I'm an environmentalist as you probably know by now as I volunteer with Don Catchment Rivers Trust doing litter picking and river clean up work. I'd help dispose of it properly...

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
See @BROBS

This Cherry Vanilla situation is spreading faster than Omicron.
Cherry Vanilla G&H is great.
just leaving this as a placeholder
[/QUOTE]
@BROBS GH Cherry ? Vanilla is my all time favourite pipe baccy.
I had a memorable smoke of it in my clay pipes when I went to see the Lace Wars re-enactment at Cromford Mill in 2019, in those long forgotten pre COVID days!!!

Reactions: Brendan and BROBS

eljimmy

Lifer
Jan 3, 2021
Los Angeles, California
I feel your pain. I was a BIG fan of Peterson My Mixture 965, I just finished a bowl of it and Latakia and myself just don't mix anymore. I'm going to try a 50/50 mix of 965 and Chocolate mousse tomorrow and see if that makes it enjoyable.