PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

B18

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 27, 2015
I have smoked cheap flavoured cigars 3euro for a 5pack and it is disgusting compared to aromatics. The flavour of the cigars in combination with the flavour doesn't play well with each other compared to aromatics.

Reactions: blues4goose

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I have smoked cheap flavoured cigars 3euro for a 5pack and it is disgusting compared to aromatics. The flavour of the cigars in combination with the flavour doesn't play well with each other compared to aromatics.
Ever hear of Half Pipe Cigars?

hpc-pm-1003.png

saintpeter

Lifer
May 20, 2017
How come flavoured pipe tobacco (aromatic) is more respect then flavoured cigars?
Because pipe smokers are elite, tasteful, cultured and gentlemen as opposed to being a troglodyte cigar chewer. Truthfully I think it is because the quality of many flavored cigars is...ah...less than acceptable. Acid, Drew Estate and a handful of others have a devoted following. CAO etc. I readily admit to liking them as well as the traditional offerings of sticks. Pipe tobacco has more history of casings and toppings and the world abounds with master tobacco blenders.

Reactions: BROBS and judcole
How come flavoured pipe tobacco (aromatic) is more respect then flavoured cigars?
Where is aromatic pipe tobacco respected? Just kidding.

On here. Guys online seem to be more sensitive to joking and ragging about their blend or pipe than when they are all setting around in a lounge or show, where guys are being guys and ribbing and ragging each other in friendship. Cigar lounges where guys are spending $12+ on a single stick take their pure tobacco experience a little more serious.

In pipes, we allow for the occasional corn cob and fruity aromatics... just don't set next to me with some strong cherry blend, because I can smell it stronger than the pipe smoker can. puffy

B18

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 27, 2015
Half cigar tobacco, half pipe tobacco.
Do they chop the cigars into a pipe cut or take whole leaf pipe tobacco and roll into a cigar with cigar tobacco?
With the given description it makes me think about Kentucky Fire Cured cigar.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
It's an interesting question, and something I noticed myself. At the local B&M, most guys are very disdainful of flavored cigars. But when they smoke a pipe, it's almost exclusively aromatic blends. Go figure.

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
This past fall, I took my truck out to get serviced and forgot to bring a pipe. I wandered down the road to a Holiday gas station for a cup of that “campfire” coffee. Vile stuff; I have to have it once in a while. On the way to the register, I made a stop at the cigar shelf and snagged a Peach White Owl.

Good cigar it was not, dry, heavily flavored cheap cigar leaf held to a tube with a processed tobacco sheet wrapper and a plastic mouthpiece. It didn’t suck, and paired nicely with the hot atomic-sludge-in-a-cup. I remember these awful hauntingly fruity cigars being fairly popular in my Rogers Park neighborhood back in the day.

I would have preferred a bowl of Paladin.

I sometimes have moments of bad taste. ?

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Because many pipe aromatics are made with decent tobacco. On the other cigars if an aromatic nature never are.

Drew Estate and Oliva Cigar, General Cigar(CAO) among others make flavored cigars. I suspect they're using the same crops they use for their unflavored cigars, which are certainly top quality. Haven't really smoked many, because they're not my thing, but I've seen enough of them to know that they're definitely using fine wrapper leaf. Still, though.. Most cigar guys won't touch them, even if they smoke aromatics in the pipe.

cosgringo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 17, 2019
CO Springs
I've liked CAO's sometimes in the hot tub (wifey only smokes those so I make get one). I've done Drew's and really loved the Atom Maduro's when fresh and leathery- they are strange but somehow amazing. Matter of fact, I took a box to Huatulco, MX and my cigar huffing friend loved them.
But they are sneered at by the employees at the very tobacconist that keeps them in a sectioned humidor. They won't take you seriously if you buy an "ACID" cigar especially. They get their own humidor and I understand that - they feel they pollute all other cigars in that walk-in humidor.
I mean if you are selling them and profiting, get over yourselves. I do giggle at the cheapies (pipe tobaccy, super flavored) kept at liquor store cash registers.

Status
Not open for further replies.