PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Some years ago I invested in a snazzy De'Longhi coffee machine but gave up on it very quickly and now it gathers dust. All that effort for a tiny coffee drink and so many parts that had to be dismantled & cleaned every time just became too much hassle for me.

Regards,

Jay.
It's unusual to see "De'Longhi" and "snazzy" in the same sentence! A machine such as the Rocket above, or the Quicknill that I have do not need to be dismantled at all, nor anything but a light cleaning (of the puck and the group head screen): Just running hot water through.

lightxmyfire

Can't Leave
Jun 17, 2019
DMV Area
Nope! It came ready to plug in and use out of the box!

That is fantastic, I love that they snuck that in so people who are willing to dig a little deeper can still get it for a decent price haha

Had it about a year now and it works great. It's very quiet, especially compared to the Baratza Encore!

Oh man, that's rad, the Encore is indeed noisy. Luckily our doors are pretty thick so when my wife gets up before me I don't get woken up by it, but when we're in the kitchen talking and trying to grind it becomes a comedy routine of... "so BBZZZZZZZ... ar...BZZZZZ are you BZZZZZZZZ ... what? ... I sai BBZZBBBZZZZ said..."

BarrelProof

Lifer
Mar 29, 2020
The Last Frontier
Had it about a year now and it works great. It's very quiet, especially compared to the Baratza Encore!

Good to know. I think my Encore is on its last leg, so it won’t be too long before I’m replacing it. I typically grind/vacuum seal the night before if I know I’m gonna be up before the kids go to bed.

Do you have to do anything with that machine to keep the chaff down? I always add a drop, or two, of water to my encore each time I grind, and stir it into the beans, to help mitigate the charge generated by the grinder. Keeps the cling factor of the chaff to a minimum so I don’t end up with shit everywhere. It stays in the ground coffee, I’m sure, but is filtered out so it isn’t really a big deal...

Jun 18, 2020
Wilmington, NC
Good to know. I think my Encore is on its last leg, so it won’t be too long before I’m replacing it. I typically grind/vacuum seal the night before if I know I’m gonna be up before the kids go to bed.

Do you have to do anything with that machine to keep the chaff down? I always add a drop, or two, of water to my encore each time I grind, and stir it into the beans, to help mitigate the charge generated by the grinder. Keeps the cling factor of the chaff to a minimum so I don’t end up with shit everywhere. It stays in the ground coffee, I’m sure, but is filtered out so it isn’t really a big deal...
I grind into my portafilter and do not do anything special... Some will do a pump or two of water from a small spray bottle to reduce static, but i dont bother.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA

My Baratza Preciso is still going strong now seven years. Had to replace some plastic rings a couple of times, but no repairs in last 3-4 years. And it doesn't create a noticeable charge. Average humidity here is ca. 50-60%.

I grind into the box, and tap that into the portafilter. Since I measure out 19 grams and that's the only bean in the feeder, I am pretty sure I get 19 grams out. Also helps keep the burrs cleaner.

BarrelProof

Lifer
Mar 29, 2020
The Last Frontier
My Baratza Preciso is still going strong now seven years. Had to replace some plastic rings a couple of times, but no repairs in last 3-4 years. And it doesn't create a noticeable charge. Average humidity here is ca. 50-60%.

I grind into the box, and tap that into the portafilter. Since I measure out 19 grams and that's the only bean in the feeder, I am pretty sure I get 19 grams out. Also helps keep the burrs cleaner.

I weigh 45g each morning, into the hopper, grind to the box, straight to the Chemex. Disassembled about once every three months for cleaning.

I still get a crazy charge if I don’t add water.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon
Status
Not open for further replies.