PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

homeguard95

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 18, 2014
So I bought an estate pipe from a so called professional pipe restorer on Ebay, and once I pulled it out of the box I noticed a problem, the metal band on the shank is Loose! Now after going through a pack of pipe cleaners and about a dozen Q-tips trying to get the dang thing clean, I put it up and hadn't touch the thing until today (About 2 months later ) and I'm just wondering if any one has any suggestions on fixing it. It's an old Royalton with the Adjustomatic stem and it's not fall off loose, it's just loose enough to feel the bowl "twitch" for lack of a better term. It just doesn't feel right and I have yet to smoke it. Am I worrying about nothing, or is there a way to fix it? I'll post a couple pictures of the pipe if it will help. Thanks.

homeguard95

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 18, 2014
No sable it hasn't come completely off yet just when I screw the bit into the shank the band moves slightly and if the bit is screwed in I can grab the bowl and move the stem up and down slighty with little pressure, like it's loose, maybe I'm just worrying to much, I have been known to do that. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.