PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

badbriar

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 17, 2012
Suncoast Florida by the Beach
Have you ever gotten a bad case of TAD for single lines or brands of pipe tobaccos? I recently developed a curiosity in Captain Earle bends by Hermit Tobacco Works and found myself with a fixation to get every single one of their offerings! I give credit to my fixation on this line to none other than 'Pipestud' for his glowing reviews and jiminks for another great overview.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I don't feel fixated, but if I like one blend in a brand I usually try others. Because of my taste for burley, I just naturally gravitate back to C&D because they took up burley, the codger low-end tobacco, and re-discovered it as a base and condiment in a variety of blends, with art and good taste. McClellands certainly sold me a few tins over time, the best of the Virginia artists. I still like Dunhill blends, though I have enough on hand that I may not be trying the Peterson versions for some time to come. Semois was like magic, exotic and unexpected, but not too many versions to try, though I have certainly mixed it with this and that, usually to good advantage. Russ O. is a member here, and I haven't tried any of his blends that I haven't found enjoyable, and some are "permanent party" in my stash. Seattle Pipe Club is substantial, each of their blends filling a well-thought niche. My brand loyalty is hard-earned, and I respect the blenders, real pros.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I was and to a certain extent still am “fixated” with the Euro tobaccos that add florals to tobacco. I think these blenders that come up with stuff like Condor, St. Bruno, Erinmore Flake, Kendal Flake, etc etc aren’t just master blenders but true artists... how the florals interact with the natural tobacco flavors to weave a beautiful tapestry on ones palate is just friggen genius.
But I’ve never really been infatuated with one house, although I do have loyalty to certain tobacco houses, I mean we all have our favorites right?

Oh and plug tobaccos, yeah, I’m infatuated! I really, really wish Velvan & Erinmore Plug we’re back in production. Velvan Plug was grossly underrated!

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2018
England
Mainly Samuel Gawith & Gawith Hoggarth, Peterson/Dunhill and Germain's.
If I lived in America it'd probably be Cornell and Diehl as what I've tried of their's I've really enjoyed and they have such a vast range to choose from.

Reactions: badbriar and Bengel
Status
Not open for further replies.