PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
WOW...and I was happy to see the temps drop to the mid 70s here in southwestern Ontario. I like it when it cools down late summer, early fall but that's pushing it a little even for me! 8O

rockymtnsmoker

Can't Leave
May 31, 2013
Yep. Rain with some wet snow here in Northwest Calgary. Snow at elevation at Lake Louise. Time to get the boards tuned up. El Niño could mean an epic ski season.

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
I am sitting here in NH stewing in my own juices because it is so warm and muggy, and has been for the last week. Not looking forward to winter, but ... that snow dusting looks good right now. Just stacked five cords of wood this week, too, so I am ready.

stickframer

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 11, 2015
I kind of have the feeling that this winter is going to be early and long
Likewise. Autumn's in the air.
That must've been quite the snowstorm. Maybe they'll reopen the rivers to fishing around here with some precipitation and cooler temps .

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
Do you smoke outside much? Hopefully that new snow doesn't cut into your smoking time.
I smoke outside or in the garage. Once the cold does set in it will be in the garage. My neighbor across the street has been a cigarette smoker all his life. We were talking about having to smoke in the garage when the weather turns cold.

He confessed that he used to have an electric blanket that he would wrap himself up in until his wife found it and tore it up and threw it out. She is a nice person but on a real anti-smoking campaign.

stickframer

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 11, 2015
I'm an outside/garage smoker myself. Sometimes last winter I would get completely bundled up in snow pants and all and smoke outside. It took a certain dedication to sit outside for an hour in the cold but the reward was often worth it, so it's all good. I enjoy a crisp and serene winters evening, but I think I'll get a space heater this winter just in

case.
Btw I guess the last time it snowed here on August 21 was in 1992.

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
Tarak, I will offer the required offering of single malt to the sled gods and request that they send winter your way early.

It might take more than one offering...

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
One of my favorite winter activities is snow shoeing, especially at night with a sky full of stars overhead.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Oh, please, please! Lots of snow in the Sierras and Rockies, also, Please! A huge amount of rain can help only so much; we need snowpack!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
In the Chicago area on the lake, the first snowfall usually came like clockwork a day or two after Thanksgiving, little wet flakes and just a little sticking. By February, it was like Russia; you'd long ago stopped waiting for winter to end. Winter was forever. Things were more predictable then.

Status
Not open for further replies.