PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
Being that I am not 21, and that my family does not drink, I decided to have a nice smoke for New Years. I decided to ring in the new year with some Penzance, which I smoked out of my Falcon. I have to say that I'm hooked. I love it, and cant wait to get more of it. So I just wondering, did anyone else Have a bowl to celebrate the new year?
Heres a picture of my Falcon

315862_275286822492653_100000340116388_1009786_1406556083_n.jpg

mowens

Might Stick Around
Jan 5, 2011
Being a new year I tried something from the cellar. McClleand British Woods Reserve. It was a good smoke although I would have enjoyed it more if I wasn't pounding brews with family and friends. Ill smoke it again tomorrow for sure.

Jun 26, 2011
Pacific Northwest USA
Hey there uber, I'm bringing in the new year with Penzance also..

I've had a tin sitting back for a few months. Opened it about 9PM 12/31/11, crumbled up a flake and lit a bowl at 12:05AM 1/1/12.

Tasty start to the year

Jul 15, 2011
I've been working on a HUGE project for the Keepers of the Flame Blog, but I did take the time to have a New Year smoke, but alas, it was not a pipe. Instead, I had a very nice Gispert Toro cigar, which was medium in flavor and a nice smoke. For some reason, it's a little easier to smoke a cigar while being up and doing things and moving around, but I prefer a pipe for sitting at the computer doing writing projects.

mjtannen

Can't Leave
Jan 3, 2011
Penzance until the wee hours of the morning and now before breakfast (almost noon) a bowl of Sterling's American Patriot. No mention was made of the last smoke of 2011. Mine was kick ass Billy Bud. Good smokes for all good folks. Puff happy in 2012!

joejumps4fun

Lurker
Dec 30, 2011
My first smoke of the year was my least favorite blend in my first pipe: Cherry Cav. It is actually growing on me. Think I'll enjoy it more if I keep it dedicated to one pipe. Later had some Savenelli 1876 English mix in my Peterson tapered dublin. Lovin' it!

pjm03fatboy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 26, 2011
Had some Bufflehead canvasback decoy in my stanwell bamboo rustic. ps ya you hear me right bufflehead tobacco in the cellar since 2001 you can't get it which is a sad thing great tobacco, but i have a few tins around still. :puffy:

wildcat

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2012
Last smoke of 2011 was Middleton's Apple in my John Aylesbury briar. First smoke of 2012 was Carter Hall in a bent MM General cob.

rhogg

Can't Leave
Jun 14, 2011
I smoked 1Q out of a cob. I was reminded that I should smoke all aros our of cobs. IMO the flavor comes through more so when smoked from cobs.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
Sillems black in a Stanwell number two oval bowl . The day was spent with Padron curley tops between watching my wife single handedly keeping Dillards and Dooney and Burke in business . 8)

aussielass

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 18, 2011
McClelland's Oriental - can't remember what it was out of though, I was teaching 6 x friends how to pack & smoke a pipe at the time and half a lge bottle of Baileys may have something to do with my memory lapse as well :)

Status
Not open for further replies.