PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

foolwiththefez

Can't Leave
Sep 22, 2015
Sunny FL
I bought an estate Falcon off of ebay. It arrived every bit as beautiful as the pictures made it seem.

$_57.JPG

I love the straight bowl and it came wonderfully broken in with a nice thin even layer of cake. I cleaned it with some whiskey and let it rest a whole day. Last night I packed half a bowl of MacBarren's HH Acadian Perique; loaded my mp3 player with Jeffrey Combs reading "Herbert West: The Re-animator" and sat out in the the mild autumn twilight to smoke.
I must say it is the coolest smoking pipe I own. I was very happy with its performance. I'm not sure I"m a perique lover, but the pipe performed wonderfully and the atmosphere complimented the reading material wonderfully. All in all a pleasant smoke.

leacha

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 19, 2013
Colorado
Glad you had an enjoyable moment with your Falcon. Falcon is my pipe of choice and I'm always smoking one.

IMG_20150830_111243245.jpg

foolwiththefez

Can't Leave
Sep 22, 2015
Sunny FL
That is a nice bowl. Did it come with the windcap or is that an "aftermarker" add on? If the latter, where could I acquire one? I don't generally need one in Florida, but its quite stylish

stvalentine

Jan 13, 2015
Northern Germany
Although I´d like to try out a Falcon I can´t get myself to buy one since a well-known member suggested that you feel the urge to wear sandals and tennis socks after you bought one.... 8O :wink:

foolwiththefez

Can't Leave
Sep 22, 2015
Sunny FL
That is a mighty neat looking bowl. Where do you find ones with that assertive level of stain? Everything I've seen has been more naturalistic wood finished (aside from the meerschaum and morta bowls I found).
stvalentine, I may be the wrong person to comment as I already wear socks with my sandals (my feet sweat and I frankly find sockless shoes of any kind uncomfortable), but I can say that the Falcon is a well designed smoking system and the customization available is astounding. Next up my my acquire list is a meerschaum lined bowl.

macaroon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 2, 2015
Michigan
Those metal Falcons sure seem to be popular! But does anyone have experience with their Coolway pipes?

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
you feel the urge to wear sandals and tennis socks after you bought one....
Yea, how weird is that! Everyone knows its support hose in black,knee high with sandals... :crazy:

hakchuma

Jan 13, 2014
Michigan, USA
Make no mistake about it, the ladies go crazy when I wear flip flops, tube socks and a pair of shorts. My legs make triathletes jealous. I call them meat sticks for a reason. I would happily smoke one of these while doing so too.
'Frowns from the fella in a lazy boy chair'...
My curiosity got the best of me and ordered this beauty.
http://www.premierpipes.com/falconpipes/Assembled/fp-sc-smooth-dover.jpg
http://www.premierpipes.com/falcon pipes/assembled/fp-sc-smooth-Dover.jpg[/IMG]

Mar 1, 2014
I think I'm going to have to get a few of these with my next paycheck. I would love to have a pipe where you can just wash out the shank. Given that the bowl generally doesn't "need" alcohol, I might even be able to use get away without using any of the cleaning supplies I currently use. Sounds amazing for travel.

And thank goodness for the styling of the International model.
I'm still kind of shocked that aluminum pipes with Briar inserts aren't more popular, or even standard.

fordm60

Dec 19, 2014
Nice pipe Fool!! I have been thinking about getting one myself. Every time someone posts about those, they always seem very pleased with it. Going to get one soon.

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
My camping kit contains 2 Falcon stems with about 3/4" cut out of the stem making it a lot shorter and 4 different bowls. 2 dublin style, a dover, and a brandy along with a small amount of pipe cleaner circles to use as filter rings. It all fits nicely in a small waterproof container and is always in my pack.

foolwiththefez

Can't Leave
Sep 22, 2015
Sunny FL
Yeah, portability is a huge draw for me as well. I often smoke at friend's houses and the ability to toss this guy in a rough sack and go makes it ideal.
I had a second bowl out of it last night. Autumn Evening this time with conversation swapped for the book on tape. Smoked a little too fast but that is my own fault. Tried a homemade pipe cleaner filter ring and wasn't very impressed. I think I'll smoked them ringless for now.
@fordm60, I recommend tobaccopipes.com as a good place to shop. Good prices and free shipping. They even sell a Falcon starter kit for $100ish

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Falcons are nifty pipes. I wonder how U.K. spirited Falcon away from the U.S. I thought seriously of bagging one during the Iwan Ries sale in September. As with meerschaum, I am avoiding a whole new onset of PAD.

Status
Not open for further replies.