PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Ouch, that IS an ugly bending. It would bother me like hell.
Contact the dealer/manufacturer? The pipe probably can't be returned, but they may be able to provide you with a stem replacement.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I have about 2/3rds factory pipes, and most of them are properly drilled and nicely fitted. Italy and especially France are generally careful about quality and craftsmanship. I think you drew the short straw here. Maybe try a moderately priced French pipe; I've had extremely good luck with French pipes.

shermnatman

Lifer
Jan 25, 2019
Philadelphia Suburbs, Pennsylvania
Chromearty - Those are exactly the shots I was looking for, thanks; nice job.
Unfortunately, I cannot see the specific thing I thought I might see. Again, I would simply contact Heather Balsillie at Brigham Corporate - and your photos will help them start the process so that they can begin to determine the cause of the issue - and it offers Brigham the opportunity to correct the issue and create a solution for you. Most likely, you will need to send the physical pipe into her for evaluation; and luckily, you both are in Canada, so it will be easy for you to send it in.
Email: heather.balsillie@brigham1906.com
Let us know how it goes. - Sherm Natman

mityahicks

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 18, 2018
I had the same problem with A Brigham Algonquin volcano. It also could not pass a pipe cleaner.

This was a useful lesson early in my Pipe buying to always run a cleaner through if in B&M and online orders before I smoke them.

That pipe ended up in the trash. I love my other Brigham pipe and would buy another, but will practice more caution in the future.

shermnatman

Lifer
Jan 25, 2019
Philadelphia Suburbs, Pennsylvania
mityahicks - Why didn't you send it into Brigham, when they stand-behind everything with their imprint on it?
The customer has to give the company the opportunity correct an issue to the satisfaction of the client; especially in cases where there exists an anomaly in the serviceability of workmanship and materials, or fit and finish.
By not returning the pipe to the company, and thereby denying them the chance to service you, and instead, throwing the defective pipe away, everyone loses - except maybe the man who picks up your trash bins. I wonder if he was lucky enough to grab it, and return it to Brigham for a brand-new replacement ?!? - Sherm Natman

Status
Not open for further replies.