First Pipe suggestion ? Budget around $100 or below Thanks!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
Outfit an army of corn cobs with some forever stems by Walker Briar Works, I just got an 8" stem I am very pleased with. Very cheap and actually has become my #1 choice on a daily basis. They just add so much pleasure to smoking when you no longer have to worry about the pipe and those forever stems are very high quality, I prefer vulcanite ones cause I have very sharp teeth, acrylic are just too hard to grasp.

group4

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 16, 2011
One word -- Savinelli. Can't recommend Petersen as you either love 'em or hate 'em. Stanwell used to be my go-to second choice but now that they're made in Italy they don't have Danish pedigree anymore.

lostandfound

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 30, 2011
but now that they're made in Italy they don't have Danish pedigree anymore.
I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks a pipe made in Italy, most likely by Italians, is an Italian pipe. Danish design maybe, but an Italian pipe. I'll probably get one anyway.

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
I have one of almost every brand mentioned here and I enjoy every one of them, but recently I acquired a Stanwell and two Trypis pipes and the are just a cut above the others. I also have a Royal Danish which is a Stanwell second and almost on par. Consider some popular brand seconds. You could have an entire rotation for $100.

peter70

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 24, 2013
My first pipe was a Bari, which was ok to start with, my second a Peterson with P-lip, with which I burnt the roof of my mouth and nearly gave up pipe smoking. My third pipe was a Savinelli, which smoked cool and dry and let me taste the tobacco from the first smoke. I have meanwhile mastered to smoke the P-lip and have among others gathered Stanwells, BCs, Petersons and a lot more Savinellis. They are all good pipes and smoke well, some better, than others, but Savinellis are always great smokers.

chispa

Can't Leave
Sep 18, 2011
Get 4 cobs and 6 tins of various tobacco. A cob will perform as well or better than any $100 briar and leaves a lot of room in the budget for tobacco.

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
+1 chispa, tobacco is the important thing to focus on right out of the gate.

Status
Not open for further replies.