First Pipe From Scratch

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

gerryp

Preferred Member
Oct 8, 2018
Arabi, LA
That is a beautiful looking pipe! Have you smoked it yet? What did you christen it with?
At the moment I can't remember what I broke it in with...I think I posted it on here....
Anywho, other than the dead spot at the bottom, it smokes great. The wide chamber and standard airway with a bit wider slot seem to bring out certain flavors. I noticed a difference in Maltese Falcon and Royal Yacht, for example. It does require a judicious pace to avoid overheating.

wintergarden

Preferred Member
May 12, 2019
NYC Triad
Hoosier: Thanks! I've carved a couple kits before, but this was the first time I've drilled the holes.
MSO: It is very comfortable in the hand, and the stem is the most comfortable of all my pipes.

Thanks again to everyone who "liked" the pipe or posted a compliment.
open to commissions? you appear to be ready. In all seriousness, I've been hankering for a small pickaxe type

Reactions: gerryp

gerryp

Preferred Member
Oct 8, 2018
Arabi, LA
open to commissions? you appear to be ready. In all seriousness, I've been hankering for a small pickaxe type
Wow thanks, I appreciate your comments! To be honest, I think I should get a few more under my belt before I'd feel right about selling them. However, I'll see how the next one turns out, and if I think it's good enough to sell I'll let you know. I think my finishing is on point, as well as my shaping (for the most part), but I need to do a better job with the drilling.