PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
Me too. I’m pretty sure the box is a late addition.
Definitely…now if you need a pre-68 Loewe to go in your box I happen to know a guy down under about to sell one. He’s a bit of an arsehole but I’m sure you could sweet talk him into a good deal. Lol

I’m not sure who the encircled C.L&Co mark in the shank is for but it reminds me of how London Pipe Co. did Loewe “imitation” stampings

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
I'm hoping somebody can ID the SH silver mark.
Check this out. I read it when I looked at the (now pruss’) bulldog listing

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I couldn’t pass on this one. Too much good with it. That Kriswell tomahawk that was passed in yesterday was a good buy too.

It was hard not to pull the trigger on that old Rad that was posted a month ago. Don’t tell Harris that someone down here is selling one, or he’ll be on a plane tomorrow.

— Pruss
Nice score on your pipe. I hope it smokes great for you. No worries about the Rad, it could have been one that I recently sold. I know, no one ever thought I would sell a Rad but I just hadn't been smoking it much and I went on a Jack Howell bender for 13 commissioned pipes.

• Wow
Reactions: pruss

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Definitely…now if you need a pre-68 Loewe to go in your box I happen to know a guy down under about to sell one. He’s a bit of an arsehole but I’m sure you could sweet talk him into a good deal. Lol

I’m not sure who the encircled C.L&Co mark in the shank is for but it reminds me of how London Pipe Co. did Loewe “imitation” stampings
How about I sell him a box, and then the two of us have a coffee together: what with us being the only two pipe collectors in Aotearoa.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Nice score on your pipe. I hope it smokes great for you. No worries about the Rad, it could have been one that I recently sold. I know, no one ever thought I would sell a Rad but I just hadn't been smoking it much and I went on a Jack Howell bender for 13 commissioned pipes.
Who, even, are you?

Peck would be disappointed, God rest his soul.

— Pat

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown

So… essentially a store stamp on the sterling.

Jon, does this jive? SH on the band referring to Salamon and Hecht?

Cheers

— Pat

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
So… essentially a store stamp on the sterling.

Jon, does this jive? SH on the band referring to Salamon and Hecht?

Cheers

— Pat
They were also pipe manufacturers (if it’s the same SH). Maybe they just “made” or mounted/assembled the pipe for whoever is stamped on the shank

Reactions: pruss

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
They were also pipe manufacturers (if it’s the same SH). Maybe they just “made” or mounted/assembled the pipe for whoever is stamped on the shank
Yep. I’ve seen that before on pipes of the same era; notably BBBs.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012

There's a difference in the SH. Mine doesn't have initials or is in a frame with a striated background like the Salamon and Hecht stamps.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
There's a difference in the SH. Mine doesn't have initials or is in a frame with a striated background like the Salamon and Hecht stamps.
Yeah, Jim, agreed on the difference. Your pipes markings and those on my pipe are the same.

I still think it’s likely that they are the initials of the silversmith, or perhaps the retailer.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Yeah, Jim, agreed on the difference. Your pipes markings and those on my pipe are the same.

I still think it’s likely that they are the initials of the silversmith, or perhaps the retailer.
Probably so. Wish we could learn more than that.

Reactions: dunnyboy and pruss