PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
I'm new to the pipe and burnt the crap out of my tongue with half & half. Only smoked one bowl. I do remember thinking it was kind of blah, not much there. The only "OTC" I have enjoyed thus far is Chatham Manor. I will give it another try if only for the color scheme of the package.
I've not tried many OTC blends but Carter Hall is very good, either on it's own or as a mixer to give a bit of body to a thin blend.

Reactions: Kayro

Pipewizard420

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 28, 2020
I have been on a Half & Half kick lately since picking up a pouch at the local B&M. Was a bit reluctant due to SOO many negative reviews but was quite surprised by the taste. Apparently there are a lot of flavorings in this blend and for a OTC I find it quite complex compared to CH. It has been around since Dinosaurs laid their eggs and similar to PA or Mixture 79 , they both seem to be a love/hate blend with little in between

Kayro

Lurker
May 16, 2020
Kentucky
To me, Half and Half has one of the most delicious room notes of any tobacco I have ever had the pleasure to smell. Tastewise I just can't seem to get my taste buds wrapped around it. I keep trying, being the stubborn cuss I am. After several tubs and who knows how many pouches over the years I don't think things are ever going to change for me despite that room note I like so much. Sorry to say. it might be time to relegate Half and Half to the "I just don't like it" catagory. I envy those who do.

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
I do like some Half & Half once in a while, though ‘Ive never really liked it out of a fresh pouch. I think it’s the only blend that I suggest: A) Buy 14oz. Tub. B) Pop tub open, replace plastic lid. C) Hide in cabinet somewhere. D) Forget for about two years. E) Find old tub. F) Enjoy, preferably in a cob. It’s not for everyone. In fact, it’s not for most people.

kg.legat0

Lifer
Sep 6, 2019
Southwestern PA
I enjoyed three bowls of this, got weirded out around bowl 4-5. It has a flavor/vibe that feels very 'old school' to me, which I like, but isn't my thing.

Kayro

Lurker
May 16, 2020
Kentucky
I remember the cigarettes. I bought a pack now and then even though I was not a regular cigarette smoker. They were pretty good as I remember. Had the same room note as the pipe tobacco although on a milder level.

Status
Not open for further replies.