PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

gamzultovah

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
Well, I pulled the trigger and tried St. Bruno this evening. Much, much better than I ever suspected. I’ve smoked Doblone d'Oro before and see the resemblance, but I think I actually like St. Bruno better. I’m smoking the ready rub pouch version and have a tin of flake as well (as I hear there is a slight difference). Thanks again for the insightful review.

PS. Have you ever considered a career in advertising?

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
1. I want to try this tobacco. I love dark fired.
2. You're educated?
3. So it's true.....you do sometimes say words about pipe smoking!
4. Nice review. Makes me want to try this even more. You are a much better reviewer than me. That's why I don't do it. My pallete is broken, and my brain doesn't say smart words sometimes.
5. Yeah I think I'll try this blend.
6. Why do they call it "ready rubbed" when it's indeed not ready at all? I just opened a pouch of Amphora Kentucky, and spent HOURS obliterating it, shuffling it, breaking it up, moving it around, waiting hours for it to dry up etc. Lol

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
...and my brain doesn't say smart words sometimes...

Moderator prerequisite? nnnn

I just opened a pouch of Amphora Kentucky, and spent HOURS obliterating it, shuffling it, breaking it up, moving it around, waiting hours for it to dry up etc. Lol

Trying to make it look like Carter Hall! puffy

I've tries the Amphora Burley and it was perfect from the pouch. Maybe you didn't leave it on the dash of the truck long enough??

How was the Kentucky?

1633747798117.jpeg

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Moderator prerequisite? nnnn

Trying to make it look like Carter Hall! puffy

I've tries the Amphora Burley and it was perfect from the pouch. Maybe you didn't leave it on the dash of the truck long enough??

How was the Kentucky?

View attachment 101589
It was good. And that's what I'd say In a review. Lol. Looking forward to trying the Burley.

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
I did have to drink water after each beer sip to keep myself tuned in to the pipe.

View attachment 99410
Founders has a great line of craft beer, particularly stouts and porter. Their IPA lineup is legit too, but I'm more a fan of dark beer.

Michigan is considered the craft beer capital and Founders and Bells are two heavyweights.

kschatey

Lifer
Oct 16, 2019
Ohio
Doesn't look like my reply from a couple weeks ago got posted correctly in this thread, so here it is again...

St. Bruno Ready Rubbed is my travel tobacco since it's pretty good and is the only blend that came pre-packaged in a pouch for easy transport, Mine has been opened for awhile and has been a on multiple trips along with a MM Pony Express cob (from Uhle's) and necessary accessories in a small Mr. Brog pipe pouch. Anyway, the predominant flavor I get from St. Bruno Ready Rubbed is dried fruit leather. Part way through the experience, some red Virginia-like tanginess comes through in the middle and then some bright Virginia-like lemony/citrus flavor in toward the finish. I don't know if those types of tobacco are actually in the blend, but the flavors typically associated with them is what I taste and therefore provides a good way to relate that in words. The tobacco is easy to prep on the pouch flap and medium-light in strength for me which is good since I'm a nicotine lightweight! Overall, it's an enjoyable, non-complicated, but interesting blend that has suited me quite well for travel purposes!

Chris81

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 11, 2021
Malaga, Spain
I tried St Bruno yesterday for the first time, thanks to the suggestion of John72 about what good tobaccos can be found here in Spain. I bought a 50gr pouch yesterday and it has already become one of my favourites. We will definitely become long time friends.
I love its rich distinct flavour and how it burns slowly and not too warm, it's a real pleasure.

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
I tried St Bruno yesterday for the first time, thanks to the suggestion of John72 about what good tobaccos can be found here in Spain. I bought a 50gr pouch yesterday and it has already become one of my favourites. We will definitely become long time friends.
I love its rich distinct flavour and how it burns slowly and not too warm, it's a real pleasure.
Thanks Chris. Well I'm just adjusting my skeet shot. I am glad that you can enjoy an accessible tobacco, and with an incredible price. Take advantage of these unbeatable prices in your neighborhood tobacconist. And do not hesitate to ask here in the forum. There are good tobacco masters who overshadow me.

elvishrunes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 19, 2017
I googled “dark fired aromatic“ on SP recently because I’ve been re-enjoying aros lately and the smell, but they just don’t satisfy for nic. And up came ST Bruno as a suggestion among a few others…. I’d forgotten about it, so many to try, lol. Too many.

I‘m looking for a crossover aro blend that still kicks pretty hard. So I have a pouch coming soon, cant wait:)