PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Since my last post 3 months ago I have added this to my cellar list and stocked up. It is now in my top 10 favorites list. I still like Solani aged Burley flake, but this blend wins for me. I also consider it in the same company as Stonehaven.

pepesdad1

Lifer
Feb 28, 2013
Outstanding...trying to get a pound...but it is back ordered...where have we heard that before?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
jay', glad to hear it. I ordered a tin but haven't opened it yet. Meantime, I've gotten a pound of D&R Two Timer, two toasted burleys, sweet and nutty. So my better burley angels are on the march. Burley used to be the codger's default. Now it has come into its own.

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
I just had my first bowl of this blend after buying a tin at the Chicago show. It didn’t hurt that Per Jensen was unoccupied and able to answer a few questions for me. It’s very rich and complex in flavor, but not overwhelming. Nic level seemed about medium. Also, it’s very smooth with no rough edges at all. It’s a little woody, very nutty, and there’s a consistent sweetness that ties everything together. The DFK is lightly applied, and it provides a nice spice note that’s subtle but consistent. Moisture level was perfect right out of the tin, and no hint of bite. I’m very glad I tried it, and will be buying more for sure.

redone

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 4, 2018
I have two pouches that I keep my favorite tobaccos in. One is PS LBF. The other is Mac Baren HH Burley Flake. Love this flake.

bent1

Lifer
Jan 9, 2015
WV
I’ll be a decent if voice, not my cup of tea. But to be fair, I don’t like dark fired burleys. Toasted is more to my liking.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Actually, I take back my statement. I'm going to use a review similar to ashdigger.
"It tastes like a mildewy turd that was soaked in acetone then covered in dirt and smothered in gasoline."
Don't buy the stuff. It's garbage.
:puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.