PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

drsam

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 25, 2011
Wed. when I stopped off at Missouri Meerschaum factory to pick up a few boxes of filters They had a sale going on and I had no way of resisting. I purchased two pipes, Diplomats, one bent and one straight. I loaded the bent up with some "Gentleman Caller" today and it smokes wonderful good. I think that I have become a convert!

hilojohnny

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
You have made a life-changing discovery. Don't forget to try the "codger burleys" in your new cobs.... :clap:

francois1

Might Stick Around
Jul 21, 2011
Got my first one this week extremly happy now

converted only problem i am going to have to get

from the states as there is only the legion availble

here in the uk grat pipe ,enjoy

david(SCT)

Jun 26, 2011
Pacific Northwest USA
Now comes the fun of going through all your favorite blends with the cob and seeing how they taste.

More fun for you could be trying out the blends that aren't so much favorites. In a cob that could change!

Enjoy!!

sherlock

Can't Leave
Aug 21, 2011
Glad to hear you might convert. I smoke all my aros in cobs because they just make tobacco sweater.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Smoked a cob with 1Q this am.Smokin a cob with Walnut as I type.Take you cob good Doctor,fold and stuff a good flake in it my friend,and sit back and enjoy!Cob and flake =Good :puffy:

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Smoked a cob with 1Q this am.Smokin a cob with Walnut as I type.Take you cob good Doctor,fold and stuff a good flake in it my friend,and sit back and enjoy!Cob and flake =Good :puffy:

whitebriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2010
used to smoke cobs when i was a youngster--gave 'em up for a long time--couple years ago i tried one again--found out what i had been missin' all these decades--
cobs love OTCs; in fact they love all burlies(YMMV)

jship079

Can't Leave
Oct 17, 2010
My first pipe was a cobb still smoking it and they will always have a spot on my rack for smoking.

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
Echoing OTD's sentiment about cobs maybe improving the experience of puffing blends you may not like that much, I had my first cob-puff in 45 years this summer at the NYC Pipe Club BBQ. The theme was American Englishes, such as Spillman Mixture and Distinguished Gentleman. I totally love Latakias, but American Englishes put me off. I'm only now getting into Virginias, though I have always liked Orientals and Turkish, usually in conjunction with Lats. But burleys, not so much. Howsoever, I found the cob they gave us at the picnic worked very well with the Distinguished Gentleman, which I normally would pass on in a briar or meerschaum.
Maybe a lot of the American Englishes were first formulated for cob smokers.
hp

les

francois1

Might Stick Around
Jul 21, 2011
GOT my first cob this week just had a bowl of sunset breeze

great flavour the pipe does the tobacco justice inactual

fact my cob is every bit as good if not better than my other

pipe VIVA AMERICA ,VIVA CORN COB not expensive but

my best buy

david(SCT)

Jul 12, 2011
So.............GET YOUR COB ON! :puffy:

photo-50-600x448.jpg

francois1

Might Stick Around
Jul 21, 2011
WAS trying to get a meerschaum from germany cant work out

there on line payment format got fed up

PLAN (B) go to mm online hit the button and a gift set

with 4 pipes is now in the dispatch for scotland

david

flipflopsandshades

Can't Leave
Dec 12, 2010
This is almost heresy for me to admit: of all my briars and my sole Meer, my MM Patriot Cob has EASILY the best draw. It simply smokes wonderful; I can't understand why I don't smoke it more than I do which is rarely.

jaybird

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 26, 2011
I've smoked a bunch of lower end basket brair pipes and my cob is still my favourite.

jpbass

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 13, 2011
Baltimore, MD USA
I purchased two pipes, Diplomats, one bent and one straight.
The Diplomat is a great pipe, and has become my go to. Really good sized bowl. I also have a Legend, which is nice for shorter smokes. I plan on getting a Dane and a Country Gentleman in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.