PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

TinCup

Can't Leave
Nov 14, 2019
Indian Ocean
2-3 pounds, Cap'n! rotf

I've had great experiences from Savinelli. I doubt you'll be disappointed.

Please post pics of the ebony pipe. Sounds interestig.

View attachment 9812

OK lets see if I can do this: This is my ebony Lubinski (Celtic)

Not an expensive pipe but as i said very solid/robust (I doubt any 'hangers' would use this, its just too heavy) but i really like it. Used it yesterday down at the beach with a Savanelli Aromatic (Honey/caramel)
very enjoyable

Bought from a store that does key cutting, watch batteries, lighters, pocket knives etc but just happen to have a small shelf with limited selection of pipes

Also managed to use the other new pipe i got:

Aldo Morelli, again nothing special & the bowl is quite large (in comparison) so I just started with a 1/3 fill and quite enjoyed it (big bowl certainly kept it cooler)

edit: the other briar pipe i used over the weekend is a very small dr plumb 'dinky' that I ordered to leave in the golf bag or fit any pocket for using out and about that'll do a 15 minute smoke, not overly impressed with it but it'll do a job

Last edited:

Epip Oc'Cabot

Can't Leave
Oct 11, 2019
Tried to reply yesterday but the site had an error
Seems to work when I reply to a post though

Well for two pipes each priced around 50 dollar mark in a little disappointed in the build quality and can easily see why folks would pay two or three times that to get a better grade pipe
Next buy will be a savanelli for Xmas I think

So far the briar really hasn't made a whole lot of notable difference from my other pipes from the smoke itself
Also got some other tobaccos through and tried the Davidoff Scottish mix which I enjoyed

So overall its nice to have another couple of pipes to rotate but now looking forward to ordering a Sav Oscar tiger 626 but I'll have to be patient until relies next visit
For me, every pipe, of every make, and every model.... every material, and every price point has something of interest that is unique about it. i have never found a pipe to smoke "bad" although there are ones i enjoy more than others. For my manner of thinking, the pipe is the vehicle, the smoker is the driver, and the tobacco is the road that shapes the journey you, the smoker will travel.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

TinCup

Can't Leave
Nov 14, 2019
Indian Ocean
So overall its nice to have another couple of pipes to rotate but now looking forward to ordering a Sav Oscar tiger 626 but I'll have to be patient until relies next visit

How freaky is this, within a day or so of posting this my daughter messages me saying she's at the airport about to head to Barcelona... via Milan!

Naturally i go a bit weak kneed telling her she absolutely must go to the Savinelli store & get me a Tiger 626 (my schoolboy logic being that a Savinelli bought from the store itself is somehow 'better' than one bought online etc ?) PAD manifests itself in mysterious ways it seems, anyway a short flight & 4 hours later I'm getting pics on whatsapp of the store front as a teaser

Alas they don't have a Tiger in-store... but they do have a Roma 626 (a very close 2nd on my wish list) so she's been asked (instructed) to return today to procure said model. I know I'll have to some months to get it brought out here but hopefully it'll be worth it :col:

Status
Not open for further replies.