PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I love the first pipe of the day but my taster is not fully awake at that time which is why I always choose a very stout blend. As the day goes on my palate starts to wake up and I’m able to taste much more of the subtleties and nuances in blends than I am not able to in my first pipe of the day. So personally, I much prefer my pipes as the day progresses, my smokes being near transcendental during the evening hours.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
I use to do this, right after I got up I prepare myself a minuscule cup of expresso once that is down and cigarette smoked , then I'm to proceeding to my breakfast and once finished then it comes time for the very first bowl of the day whether smoked in my car or home depending on circumstances, but yes the first bowl of the day tastes very best to me.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
No question, that first bowl of the day with coffee is the most enjoyable. Almost always a light VA flake for me. I almost always follow that with a darker VA FLake, or two, then perhaps a stout VA or VA Flake, such as Simply Red or Astley's 44. Then a VaPer or two. After that, may be a Burley or Balkan. Generally finish the day with an English blend.

marconi

Part of the Furniture Now
May 17, 2019
England
The first bowl always seems the best sitting in my garden early morning drinking English breakfast tea and smoking Charatans First bowl.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
First bowl in the morning
toilet-commode.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.