PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

morior8

Might Stick Around
Jan 6, 2021
The tobacco finally showed up , I’m finally ready! Looking forward to trying all these out. Wasn't sure if this was the proper spot for this post as it may lead both into pipe and tobacco discussion so I figured this was my best bet.

Plum Pudding regular, aged bourbon and special reserve. Peterson church warden, jobey lamb skin tobacco pouch and a bullet wood tamper.

Attachments

• 138490357_10158793878693467_5383952869148892256_n.jpg
    138490357_10158793878693467_5383952869148892256_n.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 28

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
The tobacco finally showed up , I’m finally ready! Looking forward to trying all these out. Wasn't sure if this was the proper spot for this post as it may lead both into pipe and tobacco discussion so I figured this was my best bet.

Plum Pudding regular, aged bourbon and special reserve. Peterson church warden, jobey lamb skin tobacco pouch and a bullet wood tamper.
Good choice,congratulations..................?

Reactions: morior8

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA

if you put something in the wrong section they'll move it for you. And the beatings they hand out when they have to move a post are actually pretty mild.

morior8

Might Stick Around
Jan 6, 2021
Nicely done and welcome to the rabbit hole. I've been a denizen since May. Sooooo much good stuff out there!
There is! It's certainly more exciting and flavorful than cigarettes are, I quit smoking those in 2014. Right now just running through tons of samplers and seeing what I want to hoard and stick to.

morior8

Might Stick Around
Jan 6, 2021
Welcome! Was looking at the dracula pipes myself. The bits are mighty fine looking.

How apparent are the differences in the 3 different plum puddings?
The difference between Plum Pudding and Special reserve is the reserve was a lot smoother smoke for me. Took a bit longer to dry a bit to keep lit. Both were great. As for the bourbon it was bitey for me, tried another bowl after drying and it was better. I stuffed it in a jar for aging. I'll try it again in a year.

Reactions: BeardonBoards

gerryp

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 8, 2018
Arabi, LA
I'm working on a tin of Plum Pudding B. Barrel. It's a flavor explosion in your mouth. (Stop snickering, you perv.)
Anywho I mentioned previously how I missed Frog Morton's Cellar. Not any more... PPBB gives Frog Morton a swirlie and steals his lunch money.

morior8

Might Stick Around
Jan 6, 2021
I'm working on a tin of Plum Pudding B. Barrel. It's a flavor explosion in your mouth. (Stop snickering, you perv.)
Anywho I mentioned previously how I missed Frog Morton's Cellar. Not any more... PPBB gives Frog Morton a swirlie and steals his lunch money.
Aww poor Morton... I sadly never got to try any of the McClelland stuff. Maybe I'll get lucky and snag a couple tins off someone for the right price some day. One to smoke and the other to cellar for a special or rainy day. But if you say it's better then I wont worry too much about it.