PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

riptide

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 27, 2010
Colorado
The Waldo Canyon is only a few miles from my house and I am on the east coast visiting my Family. This sucks my Girlfriend is there alone to try and pack a few things encase we get the Evac notice. So I you guys have any anti fire Mojo Please send it Colorado's way this summer is bad. there have been 30 fire in my neck of the woods and 20 of them are confirmed Arson. the waldo Canyon fire is also thought o be arson but no proof yet. I just fount out that it is 15,000 Acers large and some of my friends lost there childhood homes.

sorry to vent.
P.S. Never ask a stressed out Girlfriend to save your pipes when she just wants you home.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Wow some of those shots are tough to look at. Its one thing when the fire rages up empty canyons or grasslands but altogether horrible when this happens.

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
This is one of the reasons trees are bad for the enviroment. Keep those pipes safe, the only good tree is a dead one, carved into a smoking device :rofl:
I love how you told her to "save the pipes" that's a blunder I would make any day.

captainbob

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 5, 2010
Save the girl... to hell with the pipes. Pipes are easier to replace!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
I've been watching this in the news, I have friends with family in Colorado and I've been wondering if they're effected.
I had no idea about the arson reports though, that is dammed infuriating.

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
Charles good luck to you my friend. I am a fire fighter here in ABQ and it has been a crazy year (and its still early). I hope you and your family stay safe. I will send good vibes your way!

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
If it's so far, so good, then it sounds like things will work out alright, glad to hear it.
Those firefighters sure have a task on their hands, this sure is a big one.
And ack, that is terrible for these folks, just looked at the photos.
Read another article saying that the FBI released statements to the press that they're investigating arson.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Looks like it's still on, but firefighters are gaining ground! Excellent and brave work! I wonder if they'll catch the person or people who set the ones deemed to be arson.
http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-colorado-wildfire-20120702,0,3703392.story

Status
Not open for further replies.