PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldredbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2012
There are several tobacco I like to open the tin and then close it and let it sit at least a couple of days. It just seems to take the edges off.

damianmonk

Might Stick Around
Aug 26, 2015
The first time I smoked Nightcap was after drying it extensively and I loved it. The second time I smoked it out of the tin, and it wasn't the same engulfing feeling that I liked about it.
I like it dry!

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
The drier it gets, the better it smokes; when it has optimal moisture however, the better it tastes. At least that's my experience.
I've never had a tin of My Mixture 965, Nightcap, Elizabethan Mixture or Royal Yacht last long enough to require jarring.
I like Standard Mixture but it's a bit Lat-heavy and Nicotine-weak; I also enjoy London Mixture but have the same reservations. At some point, one simply chooses to go for the more intense Nightcap.
Ready Rubbed did not thrill me, since it burns hot and sweet with a bitter lemon flavor from the Orientals and ends up being not as exciting as one might hope from a smoke. The regular flake is tasty but bland, sort of like having breakfast cereal. I have never had the Deluxe Navy Flake.
My Mixture BB1938 is good but very similar to Standard Mixture without much punch. Even back in the day, people wanted their Budweiser, I guess. I haven't tried Early Morning Pipe yet.
But even if we only look at Nightcap, MM965, Elizabethan Mixture and Royal Yacht, Dunhill is one of the most impressive blenders out there. Good quality, good price, good blends. I think the secret to their success was that it was unplanned: they allowed everything, and took what people were repeatedly drawn to and made it into a regular product line.
And with that thought, I'm going to load a bowl of OJK and enjoy a lazy Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.