PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
After an intensive search and looking at all the Meers out there, I decided on an IMP. I like their "high grade delrin push-pull, tenon and mortise, with a 4mm draft hole system". Of all the Meers out there, I wanted something easy to use. I went with a smooth Apple as I am not into the carvings. I believe this should smoke my flakes very nicely. I like the idea of being able to wipe the bowl and smoke it a few times a day.

I bought it on ebay from meerschaummarket as they were excepting best offers so I got pretty good deal on it.
meer1-600x399.jpg

meer2-600x399.jpg

meer3-600x399.jpg

meer4-600x399.jpg

Here is the stats on the pipe.

Length : 15.6 cm. = 6.15"
Bowl Height : 4.8 cm. = 1.9"
Width : 4.7 cm. = 1.85"
Chamber Diameter : 22 mm. =0.86"
Chamber Depth : 44 mm. = 1.75"
Weight: 60 gr. = 2.1 OZ

jazz

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2014
UK
I like it. I have been lusting after a smooth meer for a long time now and I can't believe I still don't have one.
Enjoy.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Your gonna love it! Many great smokes to ya...(I'm kinda partial to meers ya know)...

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Man, good job on that one! Everything about that pipe is awesome! I have 3 Meerschaums but the draft hole is too narrow on all of them and I’m afraid to modify them myself. I love that yours has a 4mm draft hole (perfect size!) and the delrin tenon/mortise just tops it off! I bet that ones gonna color wonderfully. I don’t have the funds for another pipe at the moment but a Meer like that one is going to the top of my wish list. Congrats!

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Thanks guys. It was the Delrin system and 4mm airway that were the selling features for me. No one else I researched had those. The Apple is one of my favorite shapes and I have a lot of them in briar.

Jul 12, 2011
Harris, I also have an IMP Apple, rusticated style - you will love it. It smokes like champ! Now I also made the mistake of getting an AKB Meer in the past, airway is so bad on it I can't even smoke it.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Making the mortise/tenon system and open draft a priority is the smart way to choose a meerschaum. Many folks are drawn-in by fancy carving, only to discover that their pipe is practically unsmokeable. I'm sure you'll enjoy this one a lot.

unadoptedlamp

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 19, 2014
You bastard! I had literally sent Burak an e-mail about that exact same pipe on Tuesday asking about the position of the hole and if it was symmetrical. He said "Buy the pipe, handle it for a few days, and don't smoke it yet. If there is ANYTHING not up to your standards, send it back. I am that confident of how exceptional it is."
And what did I do? I sat on it. Had I known you had your eye on it...
You bought from a first rate seller. I have three pipes through him and they are all flawless. You're surly going to enjoy it. Just be careful about the pipe cleaner in the bottom of the bowl when wet. Over time, you might carve a small groove if you're not paying attention.
Damn it. Well, I hope you enjoy it.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
A bit similar to the one I bought from SPC a couple of years back. IMP has one piece acrylic stems, and an integral mortise sleeve that doesn't come out, so none of that screw in parts business. Great grab!

Status
Not open for further replies.