PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mortonbriar

Lifer
Oct 25, 2013
New Zealand
Hello folks. I have not been on here in a long time, but thought I would show off the lovely little white oak pipe rack I made a couple of weeks ago.

The tops and bottoms of the rack are made to be stackable, since it only holds 21 pipes he he.
emptyrack.jpg

fullrack-600x401.jpg

Isaac.

mortonbriar

Lifer
Oct 25, 2013
New Zealand
Thanks Cortez, I see it is just a small file, I might see if I can find a bigger one, I really want to show off my dovetailed joinery! ha

d4k23

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2018
Texas
That looks like a very nice piece! What would you have done different, if anything, with bent pipes?

mortonbriar

Lifer
Oct 25, 2013
New Zealand
If you look closely there are a couple of bents there, and even a big full bent calabash. Every pipe (other than churchwarden) fits in there. I spent a lot of time prototyping the stem slot! it ended up being a tapered slot with slightly rounded front and back, it kind of looks like an exclamation mark when with the bowl dish below it.

brassmonkey

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 6, 2018
Looks great, lovely grain on that wood. I guess you used a router for the bowl depressions, what size bit? im looking for one to do the same job.

mortonbriar

Lifer
Oct 25, 2013
New Zealand
Its a 1.5" flat bottom bowl bit, has rounded sides...I actually just told the cnc machine what to do ha, so no setting up router jigs on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.