PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dethmutt

Can't Leave
Sep 14, 2018
Bengal slices is along that same taste.. sadly nothing touches Nightcap. You might like the Capt Earl's Line as well.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
You can probably spend some years among the GL Pease blends. Lots of subtlety and variety there, and a lot of creative thoughtful blending. You might want to take note of the constituent tobaccos in specific blends to get a feel for his other blends, and what blends in other brands might offer. I've somewhat done that with Cornell & Diehl, wandering through their various offerings. I'm not well versed in GLP, but I have a tin of Haddo's Delight that has good age on it; it has had some mixed reviews, but I suspect it will please me.

oldbaccy

Might Stick Around
Mar 31, 2019
Just received Haddo's Delight. Haven't had the time to try it yet.

I can't put down the ten russians or pirate kake, these baccy's are great.
For now, ten russians and pirate kake have usurped gaslight on my favorites list. Didn't see that coming or possible but it happened.

tulsagentleman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2019
From some of the reviews I have read it appears that Ten Russians is a real a**kicker. How are you doing with that?

oldbaccy

Might Stick Around
Mar 31, 2019
I don't know if it's because I'm a cigar smoker, or not but the ten russians didn't have a nic hit that was noticeable.

So far I'd consider all pipe tobacco to be mild.

Mar 1, 2014
So far I'd consider all pipe tobacco to be mild.

That’s generally my experience as well. I can do three bowls of most pipe tobacco before feeling the effects, but I’ve never felt worse than when I tried to finish a Triple Maduro in one sitting.

rfernand

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 2, 2015
Give Five Brothers a chance to knock you out. Bonus if smoked first thing in the morning, empty stomach.
:crazy:

rdavid

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2018
Milton, FL
If you make it to the burleys, Old Joe Krantz and Haunted Bookshop should do it for you. Makes my head spin every time. Nice big nicotine kick.
+1 on the Five Brothers too.

oldbaccy

Might Stick Around
Mar 31, 2019
Five brothers is some good tobacco. Enjoying the haunted bookshop today.

No noticeable nic yet though.

Status
Not open for further replies.