PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
I finally got my morta pipe for my collection. I went with a Davorin made pipe. I wanted something that I could dedicate to the Black Frigate. It's a great pipe and smoking it is a pleasure! I'm looking forward to many more years with this pipe.
1-498x600.jpg

2-580x600.jpg

3-531x600.jpg

troyniss

Can't Leave
Jul 8, 2018
Michigan
Lovely hunk of wood.
I have two mortas myself my Moretti.
I have a pipe dedicated to black frigate, but alas not a morta. Bones Zulu Dog. Smokes superbly out of it.
Enjoy your new acquisition.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
'Love the shank in smooth finish along with the morta. Most distinctive. You'll grab that one a lot.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Great looking pipe. I love the wood accent at the shank and the texture on the bowl. I will get a morta eventually, I just haven't ever been a big fan of the super cross-hatchy texture that is often applied, I like how it is lighter on yours with those rings present as well. I am considering commissioning Moretti for one.

acidpox

Can't Leave
Nov 18, 2018
That's a great looking pipe, enjoy it. What's the weight of that thing btw?

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
Very nice pipe. I imagine how long ago that tree was growing and how different the world was then. Morta pipes intrigue me that way. Here's wishing you many enjoyable smokes out of it in the years to come.

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Thanks fellas! Yeah, I like to imagine how it was when this tree was growing too and all the things that have happened while it was fallen and aging to become what this particular piece of wood. The olive wood accent is super nice as well!
Is the stem oxidized or just weird lighting?
4-600x414.jpg

Yeah, Duane, it came a little oxidized that I'm having to work on. Sort of a disappointment in that regard that the place I got it from didn't exactly keep it from oxidizing. It's alright though, I'll take care of that real soon. It tasted awful at first from the remnants of the oxidized stem, but it's all good now. I'll just do it right when the time comes. Right now, I'm just happy to have a great little morta pipe!

Jun 23, 2019
Beautiful. I've been eyeing a Davorin morta too, this one looks like it could be cool with a churchwarden-style stem.

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Thanks fellas! So far, it smokes fantastically! She's going to be a great little Black Frigate pipe!
Oh, and to answer other questions I missed somehow, no, it's not a sitter. I tried, but it just keeled over. She's also out of the range of clenching. I mean, you can if you need to use both hands for something, but she gets a little heavy at 3.4 ounces for me to clench, but not impossible temporarily.

Status
Not open for further replies.